rcarsey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Client hw monitoring

New to HP..  What [free] product do I want to be looking at to centrally monitor the hardware status (fan, disk SMART alerts, etc) of all my HP desktop machines?

I came up with some 8  year old Altiris product, HP OpenView Client Configuration Manager (ovccm), etc -- can't seem to find whatever the current product is.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Andrew_Haak Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Client hw monitoring

Hello,

We use HP Systems Insight Manager for this then install an Openview agent that reads the Eventviewer of the server and we let the events that matter be written to the Eventviewer.

You do need client software on the workstations and trap config to forward events to the System Insight Manager.

Kind regards,

Andrew
0 Likes
rcarsey Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Client hw monitoring

Well,  I have installed HP SIM and its able to communicate with my test HP Compaq 6200 SFF PC using ping, ssh and wbem.

I'm now at a loss as to what agent gets installed on the client pc so that hardware errors (eg. stopped fan) are sent to the local event log.      and then in turn, the  HP SIM server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.