Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.. Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Conflict between DBMaint and WMI policy

Hello Support,

I have a WMI Policy configured which query the messages every 3 minute and if any message found then it takes an action.

This policy works fine but i see that policy fails to work very frequently around 3:00 am when DBmaint is in progress. i used to see message:

The 'ExecQueryAsync' call to Windows Management failed (WBEM_E_FAILED).

If the policy receives this error within the next 5 polling intervals, the evaluation will be stopped.

System Error Number: -2147217407 (80041001) - (OpC30-326)

but policy works again after sometime. so i supressed message using time to get alert if it fails for x minute.

and now i see another problem that at least once in a week WMI will be crashed.

(MS945) Finished reading all ConfigItems from WMI class OV_ConfigItem with errors

What can be done to avoid this conflict?

Any help is appriciated.

-KAKA-

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Conflict between DBMaint and WMI policy

Hi Kaka

Do you have opcwbemi traces when those errors occurred?

Any particular pattern when issue started?

I mean did it start after installin a particular policy?

Or upgrade to particular version

Thanks

Sandeep

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.