Acclaimed Contributor.. KAKA_2 Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Delete all messages (Active and Ack)

Hi Experts,

I have gone through the help of utility "ovowmsgutil" but could not find answer that is it possible to delete all the messages (active and ack) on OMW server.

I see another way to do it from database but i guess messages in DB resides in more than one table and i dont know what are all tables.

if possible with ovowmsgutil can someone please tell me the correct command or if i have to use database then what are the tables i should query to delete.

I want to have a clean console and databse with terms to messages.

Thank You

-KAKA- 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Pat Campbell Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Delete all messages (Active and Ack)

I use OMU, not OMW, but I would acknowledge all active messages then download history with opchistdwn.  Wouldn't it be similar in OMW?

0 Likes
Highlighted
AkimovDenis Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

You can use opcackmsgs  and opcackmsg or ovowmsgutil -ack  for clean console ( this make messages  acknowledged). After that  use opchistdwn or ovowmsgutil -del for delete history from database.

Deleting OMW event from database

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. Christian Scott Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Hello,

I  think this will achieve what you are looking for:

> ovowmsgutil -del *

It will clean all info from message related tables in the DB, no matter the state of the messages.

Best regards,

Christian

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.