Highlighted
New Member.

ESX Monitoring with OMU 9.x

Jump to solution

Hello Folks,

Can someone please tell me how do we monitor ESX hosts with HP OMU. Is there any SPI for it, if yes can i have that SPI name and related documents,

I know we have "VEEAM" but HP is not supporting VEEAM anymore according to HP Support Engineer.

I know the procedure with Agentless Monitoring ( adding ESX Hosts as Messages allowed and deploying policies to management server and sending Traps from ESX hosts)--- but not sure we can achive whole monitoring.

On the other hand wanted to know what "Software_Infrastructure_" SPI used for? can we use this SPI for ESX hosts monitoring? i think for this we have agent file with the name "Software_HP_Operations_Agent_v11.13_-_Infra_SPI_Only" . Please correct me if i am wrong in any statement.

Thanks,

---Rajesh
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Re: ESX Monitoring with OMU 9.x

Jump to solution
Yes the VISPI / Ops Agent 11.13 is the way to go.

There's information in this KB http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00604841
VISPI is part of the Infrastructure SPI suite of SPIs.

HTH
- ramd

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Yes the VISPI / Ops Agent 11.13 is the way to go.

There's information in this KB http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00604841
VISPI is part of the Infrastructure SPI suite of SPIs.

HTH
- ramd

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Ramkumar for the KB,

So do you mean we can use "Software_Infrastructure_" SPI in order to monitor ESX hosts? and we can install Software_HP_Operations_Agent_v11.13_-_Infra_SPI_Only agent file for monitoring?

---Rajesh
0 Likes
Highlighted
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Rajesh, the document in the KB gives the details - it would help you if you go over it.

Try out the documented steps, get back if you face an issue.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Ramkumar

---Rajesh
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.