Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

How to update OVO node information in OMU database

Jump to solution

We use OMU 9.10 on HP UX.

We had removed a node from OMU admin console but still the node is been reference in OVO database table when we run the command,

opt/OV/bin/OpC/call_sqlplus.sh all_nodenames

Is there any way we can remove it from OVO database?

Also is there any way I can change the IP address of particular node in OVO database?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to update OVO node information in OMU database

Jump to solution

The node will remain in some tables of the database as long as there are objects that refer to it. Most commonly, you will have messages in the database originating from this node. Until these messages have been deleted, an entry for the node will remain in the table opc_node_names. To delete messages from this node, acknowledge them and then download them with the command 'opchistdwn' (see man pages).

During normal maintenance (= the history download that is scheduled automatically), I think that the opc_node_names gets cleaned up automatically. I'm not sure when you run this opchistdwn manually, so you might want to go for the 'ocpdbidx -orphan'.

For your other question on how to change the IP, I would recommend that you check the Admin Guide, chapter 12, in the section "Host Names and IP Addresses". For OMU 9.10, you will find that we now have the script opc_node_change.pl to assist you with IP and hostname changes.

Success with it all!

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Try to use  /opt/OV/bin/OpC/utils/opcnode .  

To delete a node from node bank

/opt/OV/bin/OpC/utils/opcnode -del_node node_name="<node_name>" net_type="NETWORK_IP"

To change the host name or ip address:

/opt/OV/contrib/OpC/opcchgaddr -force -sync IP <OLD_IP> <OLD_HOST_NAME> IP <NEW_IP> <NEW_HOST_NAME>

To add a node to node bank

/opt/OV/bin/OpC/utils/opcnode -add_node node_name="<node_name>" node_label="<label>" net_type="NETWORK_IP"
mach_type="<Machine_type" group_name="<primary_group_name"

Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

To change node IP address you can use /opt/OV/contrib/OpC/opcchgaddr.

The opcnode command should indeed remove nodes. But in some cases, there are leftovers (messages, actions...). To cleanup nodes from the database you can use /opt/OV/bin/OpC/opcdbidx with option -orphan. If there are still references in the database, use the node_ref report with call_sqlplus.sh.

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello.

You can use 'opcdbidx -orphan' - it will only remove entries that are really no longer used.

Regards,

Goran

Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The node will remain in some tables of the database as long as there are objects that refer to it. Most commonly, you will have messages in the database originating from this node. Until these messages have been deleted, an entry for the node will remain in the table opc_node_names. To delete messages from this node, acknowledge them and then download them with the command 'opchistdwn' (see man pages).

During normal maintenance (= the history download that is scheduled automatically), I think that the opc_node_names gets cleaned up automatically. I'm not sure when you run this opchistdwn manually, so you might want to go for the 'ocpdbidx -orphan'.

For your other question on how to change the IP, I would recommend that you check the Admin Guide, chapter 12, in the section "Host Names and IP Addresses". For OMU 9.10, you will find that we now have the script opc_node_change.pl to assist you with IP and hostname changes.

Success with it all!

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks all for your replies and it has worked, but I am not able to set IP address for a particular node when there is no IP address set for that node in OM database using opcchgaddr or using opc_node_message.pl script.

I understand that for external nodes(Nodes that are for SNMP trap messages) IP address are not assigned initially, but once message arrives it looks up in hosts file and then based on that, it determines the IP and then sets the IP in OM database for that node.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If you define a 'node for external events' as an 'IP pattern' or a 'Name pattern', whenever a message arrives that matches this 'node for external events', an entry will be created in the table opc_node_names with the actual name or IP of the originating node (if an entry already exists, it will not create a duplicate of course).

The reason for this logic is that, by definition, a pattern can match many different IPs/Names, and we do not know upfront which ones will generate messages.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.