KVG Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MessageStorm Detection - changing default config

I am using OVO7.x and have implemented MessageStorm Detection. Everything works well except that I cannot change the default config.
According to the white paper, I only have to move the datastore file from /opt/OV/contrib/MsgStorm to /var/opt/OV/conf/OpC/mgmt_sv, apply changes in the datastore file (dstore.ds or ECmsg_storm.ds) and load the ds file to activate changes with ecsmgr -instance 11 -data_load Ecmsg_storm /var/opt/OV/conf/OpC/mgmt_sv/Ecmsg_storm.ds. The command does not return an error but when I start a message storm, the default configuration is used. In the Ecmsg_storm.ds file I am pointing to another script for MsgStormAction param but it is still using the default stormstopagt.sh script. I also changed the MsgStormRate to 0.5 but it keeps stopping at 90 messages (default 0.3). Can anyone help me with this or does anyone have any experience with messagestorm detection?

Thanks in advance,
Kristof
0 Likes
2 Replies
Sylvain CROUET Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: MessageStorm Detection - changing default config

Have you tried to restart the manager (opcsv -stop;opcsv -start)?
0 Likes
Highlighted
CADBIOSS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: MessageStorm Detection - changing default config

In order to pick up the new shell script, you'll have to either unload/reload the ECS circuit or stop/start the server. Much less impact, so I would recommend unloading and reloading the circuit.

Start in the /var/opt/OV/conf/OpC/mgmt_sv folder and run:
ecsmgr -i 11 -disable Ecmsg_storm
ecsmgr -i 11 -circuit_unload Ecmsg_storm
ecsmgr -i 11 -data_unload Ecmsg_storm
ecsmgr -i 11 -data_load Ecmsg_storm /var/opt/OV/conf/OpC/mgmt_sv/Ecmsg_storm.ds
ecsmgr -i 11 -circuit_load Ecmsg_storm /var/opt/OV/conf/OpC/mgmt_sv/Ecmsg_storm.eco Ecmsg_storm
ecsmgr -i 11 -enable Ecmsg_storm

This way you're only impacting the ECS circuit, not the entire server.

Cheers...

Jim
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.