Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Absent Member.. Alfred J Absent Member..
Absent Member..

NNM error when loading umsevent.mib

Jump to solution
When I try to load MIBs from the file umsevent.mib (for IBM Director) I get the following error:

Error detected while loading MIB file: /var/opt/OV/share/snmp_mibs/Vendor/IBM/umsevent.mib.
This MIB cannot be loaded until the following problem is corrected:

Error defining object 'iBMPSGGenericEventBindings': Parent 'ibmpsgEvent not defined.
Load the MIB that defines 'ibmpsgEvent' before loading this MIB.

I have loaded ums.mib which I believe needs to be loaded first, and I've also loaded all other ums*.mib files found on the IBM Director web site and they load ok. Any ideas?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ken_Sipe Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: NNM error when loading umsevent.mib

Jump to solution
I'm also having this problem loading the umsevent.mib into NNM. My mibs are dated 10/26/2003. The ums.mib defines ibmpsgEvent.
8 Replies
Saskia Jean Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Next to the ums there is also a Director.mib. Have you seen and loaded this one too? I am not sure it contains the requested variable though. Can't check now, not being at work...

Saskia
Life is all about choices
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
I have loaded the following mibs:

IBM-Director-Agent-MIB.mib
IBM-Director-Alert-MIB.mib
IBM-Director-Server-MIB.mib
IBM-REC-MIB.mib
ibmServeRaid.mib
SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB.mib
ums.mib
umsagent.mib
umsasf.mib
umsassetid.mib
umshealth.mib
umslmsensor.mib
umsmemory.mib
umsnic.mib
umspower.mib
umsprocessor.mib

The only one that is giving this error is umsevent.mib. I can't find one called director.mib
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ken_Sipe Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution
I'm also having this problem loading the umsevent.mib into NNM. My mibs are dated 10/26/2003. The ums.mib defines ibmpsgEvent.
Absent Member.. Filippo Caparel Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
1. I had exactly the same problem when I attempted to load umsevent.mib. The solution I found was to delete lines 17-29 of umsevent.mib (the definition section beginning 'iBMPSGGenericEvent TRAP-TYPE').

2. I also had to modify umsasf.mib before it would load:

a) deleted the comments beginning at lines 420, 845, and 1354 -- xnmloadmib didn't seem to interpret these as comments, and raised an error message about 'Non';

b) changed the following definitions, in order to work-around an error in the MIB file, i.e. trap 'pET_VoltageOK_3' is defined _twice_, once on line 1003 and a second time on line 1012.

- changed line 983 from 'pET_VoltageOK_1 TRAP-TYPE' to 'pET_VoltageOK_0 TRAP-TYPE'
- changed line 994 from 'pET_VoltageOK_2 TRAP-TYPE' to 'pET_VoltageOK_1 TRAP-TYPE'
- changed line 1003 from 'pET_VoltageOK_3 TRAP-TYPE' to 'pET_VoltageOK_2 TRAP-TYPE'
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
It turns out the CD image downloaded from IBM was corrupt or incorrect. I installed from a real IBM cd and the mibs loaded in the following order:
ums.mib
umsagent.mib
umsassetid.mib
umshealth.mib
umslmsensor.mib
umsmemory.mib
umsnic.mib
umspower.mib
umsprocessor.mib
umsevent.mib
umsasf.mib

Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
Lee Rovner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
can you zip all the IBM Director mibs and upload them, or you can email them.
Let me know and I will send you my email address.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
well its only taken me 2 years! not bad ;o)
I just ran into the same issue at a new implementation i am dealing with.
0 Likes
Jim Avery Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks for posting it, it fixed a similar issue for me just now! Cheers!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.