MCusanelli Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

OM Agent as part of a server image

Jump to solution

Perhaps,

Someone could shed soem light on a best practice here.

I want to include the OM agent as part of a server image. But im not sure how the core id would be handled each time the server image would be deployed and have a script run to initiate the install of the agent.

My thought process would be the following:
1. Already have the agent files  copied onto the server

2. initiate a script to run the install (setting the management and cert server)
3. After the install, restart the agent and perform the cert request.

My question is at what point is the core id set for the node? Will the agent check in the with managment server and then the management server give the node a core id? Or will the core id already be set thus there will be a core id mismatch?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Raymond Meijer Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: OM Agent as part of a server image

Jump to solution

You would need to supply the -defer_configure parameter to the oasetup.sh command.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Martina Dröge Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I am not quite sure, but isn't this a situation for "opcactivate"?

As far as I know it is possible to install the agent without activating it and later running opcactivate with the name of the OM management server it should contact. Maybe you also need to run ovcert -certreq afterwards.

I am not quite sure about these fine points, but that is where I would start looking.

My 2 cents..

Martina Droege

Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I think that opcactivate triggers a certificate request if the certificate configuration has not been completed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

What would be the correct command to run the install of the agent but not activate the agent? IF i can do that i would imagine i could then run another script to run the activation thus elimanting a risk of a core id mismatch each time i want to deploy the image.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

You would need to supply the -defer_configure parameter to the oasetup.sh command.

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

and then if i were to initiate a script after deployment to run the activation it would then set the core id, correct?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for this! After looking around for this (i should have just RTFM, lol) i found out that there is a way install the OA in 'inactive mode' which does exactly what i needed. Not ever HPE support even knew about this. So thanks again.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.