Respected Contributor.. Christopher Klu Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

OMU or OMW - Creating Remedy ARS Incidents using Web Service Calls

At least one of our Clients has asked if it is possible to create OMU or OMW-related Remedy ARS Incidents using what they referred to as "Web Service Calls".

Do you know anything about that, and if so, can you describe the process or point us to any documentation?

Thank you for your help and regards.
0 Likes
1 Reply
nicnictout Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: OMU or OMW - Creating Remedy ARS Incidents using Web Service Calls

Hello.

i confirm that it's possible for OMU/OMW

I do not know the process perfectly, but first you can take a look in HPOM Admin ref guide, there is a chapter about ticketing services. I strongly advice to check Remedy documentation too, it's mandatory that there is a dedicated chapter about integration with monitoring solution, especially HPOM.

By the way, if you want use APIs of Remedy to open/close a ticket you will have a write a policy that monitor any new alarms coming into HPOM, thoose policy will call as automatic action a script that make the Webservice call.

It's difficult to be more precise because you don't give us the final architecture you have in mind, and there is many others solutions available, depending what you expect/want.

Usefull documentation for you available on HP website:

Operations Manager White Paper Using OM Incident Web Services

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.