Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Shirisha Reddy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OMU9 How to assign category to the nodegroup and distribute

Jump to solution
How to assign a category to the node group(contains 159 +nodes) and how to distribute ( All policies under the category should be distributed to the nodes in a Node group).

I’m able to assign and distribute the category to the single node only not to the node group. Please help thanks in advance.

10 points to each answer...
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Sree_CMS Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: OMU9 How to assign category to the nodegroup and distribute

Jump to solution
You can assign catogeries only to a node or to a policy. Instead of node group, assign the catogeries to one of the policies which you will assign to that node groups.

or after assigning nodes to node group, You can select check all option and assign catogeries.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
You can assign catogeries only to a node or to a policy. Instead of node group, assign the catogeries to one of the policies which you will assign to that node groups.

or after assigning nodes to node group, You can select check all option and assign catogeries.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot for your response.

########You can assign categories only to a node or to a policy. Instead of node group, assign the categories to one of the policies which you will assign to that node groups############

Could you please let me know how can I assign a category to a policy, my case is â ¦. I have one category in which i do have more than 10 policies.

If I understand clearly . I have to assign a category to a policy, assign that policy to a node group and then distribute. My question is

1. To which policy should I assign a category..i have Monitor and log file policies are already assigned to the Node group.

###After assigning nodes to node group, You can select check all option and assign categories###

I have selected the Node Group, and did choose an action as deploy configuration then after i have not seen categories in list.(i can see actions, monitors,commands,instrumentation and policies)

Points would be given to each answer.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
For your first question:
You can assign catogeries to all the policies or even a random policy. Best practise to to assign to all, to avoid confusion.

Adminui --> OMU --> Browse --> All Catogeries

Select a catogery which you want to assign and click actions --> assign to a policy

For your second question:
If you click a node group, in the left side you should be seeing check boxes. bottom of the page will have a dorop down, where you can find "Assign Catogeries" option. You can select all nodes and choose this option.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.