Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OMW 8.16 Installation Issue

Hi Experts,

I am trying to install it on a Windows 2003 SP2 standalone server however installation is aborting on prerequiste screen and in logs it is showing error "Installation cancelled by user"

Can someone please suggest what could be wrong. I have already installed suggsted windows hotfixes.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Can we install OMW 8.16 on standalone server (Not part of domain)

Hello

Yes you can do this. The HP-OVE-User and HP-OVE-Deleg-User will be local users and that will be fine. There are some key limitations like you cannot remetelly deploy agents to nodes or use Remote Consoles. But other than that OMW will work fine. This is covered in OMW 8.1x Install Guide as well and you can find more details there.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Ram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OMW 8.16 Installation Issue

Thanks Ram for the details.

I am trying to install it on a Windows 2003 SP2 standalone server however installation is aborting on prerequiste screen and in logs it is showing error "Installation cancelled by user"

Can you please suggest what could be wrong. I have already installed suggsted windows hotfixes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: OMW 8.16 Installation Issue

Hello

Can you post the installation logs for I believe even at this stage of installation logs will be created in the %TEMP% folder.

Regards

Ram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ram,

I have attached the logs.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello

The installation logs don't show much and so it may be tricky. Are these are the only logs that are created?

Do you see same issue even if you try the installation again?

If you do have HP Support contract then you may want to get in touch with them. There is a patch for installation but since you are doing a fresh OMW 8.16 installation (and not migrating data) the patch does not apply to your situation. They may have more options for you.

Regards
Ram

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.