Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Ken_Sipe Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

OMW Remote Console

Jump to solution

I installed OMW 9.0 Remote Console on a Windows 2008 R2 system.  I can connect to the OMW server and view messages.  I can view policies but I cannot deploy policies.   Can I make the deployment function available from a Remote Console?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ram_21 Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: OMW Remote Console

Jump to solution

Hello

It looks like you may have some sort of security configuration issue. Can you run the OvConsoleTroubleShooter.exe tool which is in the Support folder in the Remote Console machine and check if any of them fail. This may help you narrow down the issue.

Also make sure that the OMW server and OMW Remote Console are patched properly (latest patch is OMW_00187) and this may help sort any configuration as well.

If this still does not give you clues then you may have to trace to find details and get help from HP Support.

Hope this helps and/or you get a better answer.

Regards

Ram

4 Replies
Ram_21 Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello

If the user who is launching the OMW Remote Console has the rights to deploy policies in the UserRoles then you would be able to do this. Check how you have configured UserRoles?

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ram

Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

My account is in HP-OVE-ADMINS, so I should have rights to deploy policies.  I can deploy when logged into the main console on the OMQ server. 

I change User Roles for Policy Administrator role to explicit grant permissions. 

When I attempts to deploy policies from the Remote Console,  I receive the following popup:

An unexpected exception has been caught in file
"cdeploypolicydialog.cpp" at line 816!

The method returned the exit code 0x80070721:(NT1825)
A security package specific error occurred.

0 Likes
Ram_21 Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello

It looks like you may have some sort of security configuration issue. Can you run the OvConsoleTroubleShooter.exe tool which is in the Support folder in the Remote Console machine and check if any of them fail. This may help you narrow down the issue.

Also make sure that the OMW server and OMW Remote Console are patched properly (latest patch is OMW_00187) and this may help sort any configuration as well.

If this still does not give you clues then you may have to trace to find details and get help from HP Support.

Hope this helps and/or you get a better answer.

Regards

Ram

Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ram,  The Remote Console had no patches.  Patches to 187 (same as OMW server). I deploy and remove policies now.  Thanks for you recommendations.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.