hellboy_1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: OMW server critical issue

Hi,

After run the command which u have send it seems quicly fill the queue file size now. Are you sure the command is right ?

Regards,

Debashish

0 Likes
nicnictout Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Do you speak about this command ?

ovconfchg -ovrg server -ns opc -set OPC_UNACK_ON_DUPL_EVENT FALSE

normally it should not change anything, according to HPOM manual:

OPC_UNACK_ON_DUPL_EVENT
Description : When set to TRUE, the message manager that receives a 'duplicate
counter' event via M2M forwarding from another server for a
history message, will unacknowledge the message.
This helps when servers are out of sync.
Type/Unit : bool
Default : FALSE

So i just tell to your system to force the default behavior... so if size queue is growing it should be independant, but you can remove this entry to confirm 😉

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Nicnictout,

I thing the message delay is now solved but how can i stop to increase the msg queue size right now.

Because its incrising so first.

Regards,

Debashish

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Hellboy,

if you want to decrease the size queue, first ol all you need to identify what is causing this growth...

1) open the console

2) sort your messages by number of duplicates or by last time received.

3) check which node/policy generate an overload on your manager

4a) if it's a node, you'd rather to switch off the monitoring during the weekend on one server instead of loosing your manager. If it's only one policy on one node that is the root cause, disabled it for the weekend.

4b) if it's a policy, take a look onto console to see if this is always the same condition that produce tons of alarms.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

I send you an mp

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Hi Nicnictout,

I don't get it. What is mp ?

Regards,

Debashish

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

This is a private message, take a look on the envelope icon near to your username.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.