Highlighted
Absent Member.. monitoring.live Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Performance metrics graphing & Monitoring strategy

Currently in our infrastructure we are using 2 separate systems for monitoring (HP OMu) and for collecting and graphing performance related data (Custom).

Recently I noticed that these 2 fields are usually overlap, since they require very similar technical efforts.

What is the best strategy to join these 2 efforts into one system? How do you do that in you'r company?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Performance metrics graphing & Monitoring strategy

Hello there,

I think it's difficult to answer as I don't know your specific needs.  Performance monitoring ands graphing has changed with OA11 and OVPM 9.  OA11, the new OMU agent version offers OVPA embedded within the agent.  This gives you the ability to collect and graph a large set of matrixs, but also allows you to feed your own data sources via DSI.  For a bit of fun, I'm now monitoring my weather station and seeing if it's raining.  If you are wanting to coerse data from different sources, then HP has a plethora of tools which will help you, else you can start looking at tools like spoon to start drawing all this information together.

I hope you get a better answer,

Duncan

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.