hellboy_1 Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Reminder mail for thr critical alert.

Hi,

Is there are any facilities that we can send a mail as a "REMINDER" mail after getting the orginal mail. Let we want a mail that should be duplicate but showing a reminder mail for the same critical alert after 45 minuits.

Please help me regarding this. As its very urgent for the customer.

Regards,

Debashish

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ram_21 Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: Reminder mail for thr critical alert.

Hello

The FwdMsgAsEmail/OvEpMail.exe that allows you to trigger email when an event comes works only for 'new' events. So you cannot use the built in mechanism.

However what you can do is script where you are looking for messages in ov_message with severity of 32 (critical) and state as note equal to 4 (4 is acknowledged). This way all the critical messages that are still in Active Browser will get picked up and then you can build a logic in script to look for events that are older than 45 minutes and then use the OvEpMail.exe to send email.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Ram

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Ram,

I cannot get it. Could you explain me in briefly. So that i may configure that.

Regards,

Debashish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Hi,

Any update from anyone ?

Regards,

Debashish

0 Likes
doubando Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

it depends on what system you are using OMU/OMW/OMi ?? and what notificaiton type as wel

but as a work around you can make automatic action to write those critical events into a new log file. or script extract critical alert from Operations management database every 45 min. and create a log file policy to read that output log file every 45 mintes with hidden message group to escalate them again with bother the operators. and the new log file will take automatic action to reset that log "> logfile"

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.