Vishal-Bhatia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Suppress Messages in OVO 8.6

Hi All,

I am getting some alarms from the template CISCO XOS with OID  Generic: 6; Specific: 1; Enterprise: .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.41.2

Some of these are useful while others are not. So I want to suppress those unnecessary messages.

Though these messages are coming from same Template but only difference I can see in those are the values of the variables.

Eg -

Variables:
[1] private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.41.1.2.3.1.2.5381 (OctetString): IOSXE
[2] private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.41.1.2.3.1.3.5381 (Integer): 4
[3] private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.41.1.2.3.1.4.5381 (OctetString): PLATFORM
[4] private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.41.1.2.3.1.5.5381 (OctetString): F0: cpp_cp: QFP:00 Thread:119 TS:00002224350936019319 %IPSEC-3-HMAC_ERROR: IPSec SA receives HMAC error, DP Handle 25
[5] private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.41.1.2.3.1.6.5381 (Ticks): 222433866

Only Attribute no [5] is having different number and [4] is having different message.

So How I can I suppress Particular message.

Moreover I am using NNM 7.53 which is on same server as OVO 8.6 and the event configuration for this messages have been set to dont log or diplay.

So, I want answers for following :

1) How can I suppress a particluar message from a tamplate when this template is producing many different messages.

2) If I select Dont log or display in Event Configuration in NNM 7.5, Is It still possible that the trap will be forwarded to OVO.

3) How can I discard a trap in NNM 7.5.

Please help.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
AkimovDenis Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: Suppress Messages in OVO 8.6

This is a big topic. First Look at the documentation for getting ideas.

1. You have to use Message Key Correlation Options "HP Operations Manager Concepts Guide" page 149

and 

Good wite paper for you "HP Operations Manager for UNIX: Correlation Techniques"

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM491933/binary/OMU7_8_correlation_techniques_white_paper.pdf?searchIdentifier=56546fde%3a1377e575fcf%3a2c6c&resultType=document  

0 Likes
Vishal-Bhatia Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Suppress Messages in OVO 8.6

Hi,

So it means I need to get Event Correlation Composer and configure in it the number of conditions equals to the number of unnecessary alarms in ovo.

And Can anybody advice something on

1) how to reject a alert in NNM 7.5, because if we don't define event configuration the alert will still come up as with "NO TRAPD CONF" message.

2) If I select Don't Show or Log in Event Configuration in NNM 7.53, the alert will not be shown in the NNM Browser but it will still be forwarded to OVO? My OVO 8.6 and NNM 7.5 are on the same server.

How to stop message forwarding.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.