Highlighted
Absent Member.. aalgohary Absent Member..
Absent Member..

opcragt for OMW cannot start

I think this problem arrised to me because I changed the FQDN of the OMW server then I followed these steps:

• opcagt –kill
  • vpstat -3 -r STOP
  • ovconfchg –edit

I changed all the occurrences of the old server fqdn with the new fqdn.

Use regedit to update the following registry keys. Change the old management server name to the new one:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\OVEnterprise\Management Server\DBAccess\OvOWInstance

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\OVEnterprise\Management Server\MsgActSrv\MGMT_SERVER

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\OVEnterprise\Management Server\MsgActSrv\NAMESRV_LOCAL_NAME

Change the hostname and reboot the system.

Start the console and connect to the new management server name.

Check the Network tab of the Node Properties dialog box for the management server:

• If the old name of the management server was specified in the Primary node name field, correct it.
  • Check also the Message Identification tab to see if the old name of the management server was specified there. If yes, correct it.
  • If Domain Name(FQDN) is selected, verify that the new name resolves to the IP address of the management server.
  • Optional. Change the display name of the management server on the General tab.

Open a command prompt and enter:

SetMgmtServer

The output will be similar to this:

Agent package 'C:\Program Files\HP OpenView\\packages\Windows\OvEpMsgActAgt.FM'

Management server name was updated from 'old_serv.rose.hp.com' to 'hpom_serv.rose.hp.com'

SYSTEM account installation: enabled

Authentication enforcement: disabled

Forced user account switch: disabled

After all these steps, every thing is OK except opcragt command, it displays the following:

(MC77) Failed to connect to OvMsmModelCache ((ITF11E) Error 0xA004000B (FAILURE,
 Facility: ITF, Code: 11)). (MC44) Failed to initialize the WMI connection ((ITF
61441E) Error 0x8004F001 (FAILURE, Facility: ITF, Code: 61441)). (MC379)  Initia
lization of Server Monitor connection failed ((ITF61441E) Error 0x8004F001 (FAIL
URE, Facility: ITF, Code: 61441)). <null>
Remote administration was not started because of the critical error

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.