Super Contributor.. Henry Y. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

ovownodeutil running slow

Jump to solution

Since migrating to OMW 9 (Win2008R2) from OMW 8 (Win2003) it seems the ovownodeutil.cmd command takes awhile to run.

I'm just running the .cmd without any parameters and it takes roughly 30 seconds to respond back.

When I execute this on my old OMW 8, it responds back immediately.

I've seen articles indicating it might be db performance but without any parameters there should be no db lookup.

I've run SQL profiler and see no activity.

I've even copied the binaries between the two systems. The same binaries always run faster on the Win2003/OMW8 combination.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Re: ovownodeutil running slow

Jump to solution

Here's a KB which could of use to you. you would need HP passport to access this.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00377257

- ramd

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

It looks like there is a big signature block at the end of the ovownodeutil.vbs and cmdutilscommon.vbs

Seems if I delete this signature block from the vbs script everything runs quickly.

odd that it's impacted the script.

Account_Closed
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Good you found the cause. when you run a signed script, the sign should be verified by windows script host - and this is done with verisign, inc usually, unless you have a certificate validation authority (system) within your network.

Now, if your OM server is in a network without access to www, then the certificate validation is still attempted, but it will fail to work. The timeout is what causes the delay in the script run. all vbscripts shipped with OM/OA will run delayed.

you can turn off signature verification at your system level. that would speed up things.

- ramd

PS: in the next release of the OM agent, we will provide you the option to remove the sign from the scripts for the OM agent. This will help to speed up OM agent installs.

Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

How do you disable the signature verification at the system level?

0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Here's a KB which could of use to you. you would need HP passport to access this.

https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM00377257

- ramd

View solution in original post

Super Contributor..

Jump to solution

Ram - Which version of the OM agent allows for removing of the signing?

0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Ops Agent 12.x
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.