wcpon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Awaiting SR and get ZERO support.

my SR # 10643125838
I'm getting ZERO response from the Novell technical support from last month until now.
I already replied few time to follow up with the technician, but no one is replying my email.
May I know this is Novell Support Service provide to customer?
I am fed up with the Novell Support, what is the purpose I'm paying the support on it?
0 Likes
17 Replies
Michael_Fleming Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Awaiting SR and get ZERO support.

wcpon;2021364 wrote:
my SR # 10643125838
I'm getting ZERO response from the Novell technical support from last month until now.
I already replied few time to follow up with the technician, but no one is replying my email.
May I know this is Novell Support Service provide to customer?
I am fed up with the Novell Support, what is the purpose I'm paying the support on it?

Been there.. easiest response is to deal via IM (or phone if urgent). You will probably get bounced around to a few different groups and have to re-explain the issue unless your engineer is online. I have usually had good response if I can see the engineer online under the SR then send IM. Sometimes they are dealing with multiple users at the same time but at least acknowledge they will help you.
0 Likes
tabney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I looked at the SR and there has been a lot of phone tag back and forth. Could you post a time in the SR that you would like us to call you and we will have a Support Engineer call you at that time to work on the SR. Or, you can at anytime use the Chat service and have the SR routed to the next available Support Engineer. You might not get the same person this way, but you'll get someone who can help.

Regards,

-Todd

Todd Abney
Technical Support Director
Novell
0 Likes
wcpon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tabney;2021458 wrote:
I looked at the SR and there has been a lot of phone tag back and forth. Could you post a time in the SR that you would like us to call you and we will have a Support Engineer call you at that time to work on the SR. Or, you can at anytime use the Chat service and have the SR routed to the next available Support Engineer. You might not get the same person this way, but you'll get someone who can help.

Regards,

-Todd

Todd Abney
Novell

I already replied the SR few times, but still do not have any respond from the Novell...
If every day I send an email and wait for another day to reply me... I do not know when the problem can be solve it as soon as possible...
Is this the support Novell can provide? and they are not following the SR often and need the user always remind them the case...
As the ticketing system is able to trace the conversation previously, I do not know why I need to re-explain my problem again and wasting my time...
0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

wcpon;2021819 wrote:
I already replied the SR few times, but still do not have any respond from the Novell...
If every day I send an email and wait for another day to reply me... I do not know when the problem can be solve it as soon as possible...
Is this the support Novell can provide? and they are not following the SR often and need the user always remind them the case...
As the ticketing system is able to trace the conversation previously, I do not know why I need to re-explain my problem again and wasting my time...

Did you let them know your preferred call back time as Todd suggested?
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
tabney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi again, we have escalated and assigned this SR to a Level 2 iFolder expert. Now you won't have the issue of working with a different person each time you try to contact Support. Let us know in the SR the best time to contact you and he will contact you.
Regards,

-Todd

Todd Abney
Novell
0 Likes
wcpon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tabney;2022038 wrote:
Hi again, we have escalated and assigned this SR to a Level 2 iFolder expert. Now you won't have the issue of working with a different person each time you try to contact Support. Let us know in the SR the best time to contact you and he will contact you.
Regards,

-Todd

Todd Abney
Novell

I already told the engineer my time zone and available time..
but the engineer still haven't come back to me...
I feel very disappointed on that....
0 Likes
tabney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunatley those details aren't in the SR. Could you update the SR with those details so we know when best to contact you? The current owner is in Provo and available between 8am and 6pm US Mountain time. We can move it to a Europe Support Engineer if you need help outside of these hours.
Regards,

-Todd

Todd Abney
Novell
0 Likes
wcpon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tabney;2022288 wrote:
Unfortunatley those details aren't in the SR. Could you update the SR with those details so we know when best to contact you? The current owner is in Provo and available between 8am and 6pm US Mountain time. We can move it to a Europe Support Engineer if you need help outside of these hours.
Regards,

-Todd

Todd Abney
Novell

Yes... I need to move the engineer to closer my country time zone..
I already replied the ticket few times... I got no idea where I need to reply again...
My available time is 9 am to 6 pm (Mon to Fri) GMT +8
0 Likes
tabney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Perfect, he will call you in a while at 9 am (GMT +8) which is 7 pm (Provo).

-Todd

Todd Abney
Novell
0 Likes
tabney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, he called many times and no response. Is this your correct phone number in the SR?
-Todd
0 Likes
wcpon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tabney;2023152 wrote:
Hi, he called many times and no response. Is this your correct phone number in the SR?
-Todd

you may contact me +60387382888
9am to 6pm (GMT+8) Mon to Fri

Thanks
0 Likes
tabney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Looks like we finally synced up with you. Please let me know how it goes now as we troubleshoot through the issue you're seeing.

Regards,

-Todd
0 Likes
wcpon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

tabney;2025061 wrote:
Looks like we finally synced up with you. Please let me know how it goes now as we troubleshoot through the issue you're seeing.

Regards,

-Todd

After the engineer, Novell European Support Centre
catch up with me last 2 days, and I already done the report based on his request.
But he gone for 2 days and I already sent few times email to him but got no respond.
What happen again. Sigh...
0 Likes
wcpon Absent Member.
Absent Member.

wcpon;2025689 wrote:
After the engineer, Novell European Support Centre
catch up with me last 2 days, and I already done the report based on his request.
But he gone for 2 days and I already sent few times email to him but got no respond.
What happen again. Sigh...

Is there anyone can tell me what happen is Novell support? The person-in-charge can missing in action !
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.