mcolwell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cool Solutions Search??

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum for this question, but this area seemed the most appropriate..

I've got an issue with the new Novell Cool Solution site... where/how do you search it?? You used to be able to do an advanced search from the main Novell site and select cool solutions, but that option is gone. The search box on the cool solution seems to search the entire Novell site - which is no help when searching for cool solutions.

Any thoughts on how to search cool solutions?

Thanks...

0 Likes
2 Replies
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Cool Solutions Search??

Hi,

There are actually a couple of options:

1 - http://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions on the right side, just under the "request a sales call" link there is a search box with a big green GO button next to it. That will search ONLY the Cool Solutions site and present you with a list of articles/blog posts, etc. excusively from that collection.

2 - In the Novell header, in ADVANCED search, if you select the SUPPORT collection currently the Cool Solutions content is included there. In the near future Cool Solutions will be a sub-collection under support. We recently changed search engines and are in the midst of building it out to be a much better search experience than users previously had.

From what you say, I'd stick to option #1 for now.
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
mcolwell Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Cool Solutions Search??

Thanks,

Hopefully the new search will be more refined. There are a lot of search hits that are articles that I hardly consider a "cool solution" e.g. "Announcing the ZENworks North America Tour" - Announcing the ZENworks North America Tour 2010 | Novell User Communities

I'd hope that it really goes back to what it used to be... A collection of cool tips and tricks, not outdated articles for events that contain little more than a meeting agenda.

-Matt

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.