bhabel
New Member.

NetWare End of Life - Another question

How does this effect products that run on NetWare - that have an end of Life that exceeds that of NetWare? Such as GroupWise 8, for instance?

GroupWise 8, General Support End Date is listed as 17Nov 2011.

Does this mean, if a Netware OS specific problem exists that effects the running of GroupWise 8, we can expect a fix up until 2011?

fwiw, I have a situation where this is an issue, although is of less concern to me now, as I have migrated our GroupWise to OES2 Linux.
0 Likes
1 Reply
tabney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: NetWare End of Life - Another question

Excellent question.

Here are some details for the Extended Support phase:

"During the Extended Support phase, Novell will continue to make available critical security related software maintenance for customers who have purchased an Extended Support agreement. Non-security related software maintenance may be provided if Novell deems appropriate and strategic."

NetWare will follow this same guideline during its Extended Support phase. So if there's an issue with GroupWise 8 and NetWare that meet the criteria, a fix would be provided.

Also, as part of Novell's "Move IT" campaign, you're entitled to NetWare's Extended Support program if you have OES Maintenance.

-Todd

Todd Abney
Global Support Director
Novell Technical Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.