ScorpionSting Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SR#101039743341 - Sentinel 8

I'm sorry, but this falls into the Ripley's Believe It Or Not category!

How on earth can such a buggy, system destroying, enterprise critical application be released by Micro Focus?

1. RPMs do not have required dependencies defined
  2. RPMs do not create file system requirements
  3. RPMs do not extend the database as required
  4. supportconfig is completely broken due to SR's going beyond 11 characters
  5. The log showed significant events being delete from the file system, but due to above failures I can't find out what was deleted as it appeared to be everything

It just simply should not have been released.

Visit my Website for links to Cool Solution articles.
0 Likes
2 Replies
mradford Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SR#101039743341 - Sentinel 8

Hi
I will get this over to the PM for Sentinel
Mike

ScorpionSting;2445606 wrote:
I'm sorry, but this falls into the Ripley's Believe It Or Not category!

How on earth can such a buggy, system destroying, enterprise critical application be released by Micro Focus?

1. RPMs do not have required dependencies defined
  2. RPMs do not create file system requirements
  3. RPMs do not extend the database as required
  4. supportconfig is completely broken due to SR's going beyond 11 characters
  5. The log showed significant events being delete from the file system, but due to above failures I can't find out what was deleted as it appeared to be everything

It just simply should not have been released.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: SR#101039743341 - Sentinel 8

We’re sorry for the problems you experienced and appreciate the feedback. We take customer feedback seriously and are already investigating each item you stated to understand the root cause of why the problem wasn’t detected prior to release. We strive to deliver high quality innovation to our customers rapidly and, when mistakes happen, we look at our quality assurance process to understand the root cause and resolve it.

As a result of investigating the specific problems you listed we determined that, while our QA process covers many upgrade paths, there is an upgrade path that was not adequately covered by our QA process. Unfortunately, this is the upgrade path that your system was on. We will be covering this upgrade path in future releases.

Customer Care has steps you can take to immediately resolve items 1-3 and get your system running properly. There is a workaround for item 4 immediately available at https://www.netiq.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7017476 and a permanent fix will be released soon. Item 5 related to events we are still investigating. A new version of Sentinel 8 will be released soon that fixes the problems you reported.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.