Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Service Request # 101220275771

I've reached the end of my patience with this SR. So, here I am.

I identified and reproduced a memory leak in eDirectory back in Feb 2019. I opened this SR once I was reasonably sure that I could reproduce it. Unfortunately, my client is running eDir 8.8.8.11, and naturally Support didn't want to deal with that. I was told that unless I could reproduce it with eDir 9, that it was a dead end because eDir 8 was out of support. Fair enough.

So I reproduced it with eDir 9. By then, a patch had been released, and of course, we can't possibly look at the results from eDir 9.12, Support can only look at it if it's eDir 9.13.

So I reproduced it again with eDir 9.13. That was six weeks ago. I've been sending James email, repeatedly, since then, and heard nothing until yesterday. Guess what?

Right. There's now an eDir 9.14, and backline / engineering / etc. can't possibly be interested in seeing any problems in 9.13, they want to know if I can reproduce it in 9.14 before they'll look at it.

This is (expletive deleted).

Each time I have to reproduce this takes a week. Then I have to hound Support for a month. By then, there's a new release, and around we go again. I informed James on the 9.13 test that this was it, that I would not be repeating this "try the new version we just released and let us know if that doesn't help" thing again.

I need, today, somebody from backline involved. I need them to look at what I've reproduced. I do NOT need to be asked stupid questions like if I'm running IDM and whether or not I've checked the DIB cache settings. If backline sets up the same test, exactly as described, complete with all of the various supportconfigs that I've submitted and the exact instructions on how to reproduce the problem, and can't reproduce it, THEN, and only then, can we start looking for differences in settings or whatever.
0 Likes
1 Reply
tbaki Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Service Request # 101220275771

Sorry to hear about your experience.
I have flagged this up to the Team Manager's attention..
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.