Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Why no TIDs for NOWS SBE?

During the past year while working with NOWS SBE2, I have encountered one issue after the next. I have opened a dozen SR's myself and I'm sure many other customers have done likewise.

Why is it that there are no TIDs for this product to document issues and/or workarounds?

Why is there no "Known Issues" document to help other customers avoid known issues - especially those for which a known workaround exists?
_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
3 Replies
tabney Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Why no TIDs for NOWS SBE?

I don't know that we've treated NOWS SBE as its own product inside Support. Meaning when we collect/publish the knowledge we associated it to the product within NOWS that's having the issue.

This is a good question. I'll review with the teams and see if we're just not documenting NOWS issues for the knowledgebase or if they are being associated to the specific product and we should also associate it to NOWS SBE.

-Todd

Todd Abney
Technical Support Director
Novell
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

tabney;1822825 wrote:
I don't know that we've treated NOWS SBE as its own product inside Support.

NOWS is a collection of other products. NOWS SBE has that in common with NOWS but it also has a custom interface and customized scripted installs for the component products. That's where most of us have major issues.

If I open an SR for an issue with a component product it gets assigned to the appropriate support area. If I open an SR for an issue with NOWS SBE that involves the customized parts that make NOWS SBE a unique product, its a completely different story.

• It often gets assigned to the wrong group because there is no group responsible for that part of NOWS SBE.
  • The support person usually tries to provide a workaround or manually change the configuration with little interest or ability to identify and/or correct the root cause.
  • I never see the issue documented to warn others.
  • I'm concerned that the NOWS SBE team and developers never get the feedback.

This is a perfect example: Two NOWS SBE systems in same Tree. Oops!!![/URL]

Perhaps this is all related to it NOT being it's own product inside Support?
_____
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

tabney;1822825 wrote:

This is a good question. I'll review with the teams and see if we're just not documenting NOWS issues for the knowledgebase or if they are being associated to the specific product and we should also associate it to NOWS SBE.

It's been a while, but did you ever find out?

The lack of TID's and minimal documentation for this product make it all but impossible to avoid potentially disastrous issues.
_____
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.