Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
mmo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Highest Eclipse version that Together will run with?

I would like to have a peek at Together, but the "latest" version I was able to get hold of requires Eclipse v3.6 to run on.
This is so hopelessly outdated! We are now at Eclipse v4.3, soon v4.4, so that fact made me hesitant to even start this effort.

Is this a strict requirement or just a minimal version? What is the highest Eclipse version that Together 2008R3 can actually run on?

Do I have to conclude from this, that the product "Together" is anyway dead and no further development took place since 2008?

Regards,

Michael

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Highest Eclipse version that Together will run with?

Hi,

I am unsure as to where this information came from as it is incorrect. The latest version of Together is Together 12.6 which is built on the Eclipse 4.3.1 technology. Together is still an actively developed and supported product.

Details of the current release are here ;

borland.com/.../together

0 Likes
mmo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Highest Eclipse version that Together will run with?

I guess that false information goes on me. Sorry! I had interpreted something wrong here.

I had been browsing our company's internal page from where we can download approved SW tools. Normally the versions available from there are more or less up to date and correspond to the latest versions available from the respective companies. But with Together they apparently stopped updating and so the latest version available is the "ancient" one that I mentioned. I had falsely assumed, that this also was the latest version available in general but apparently they had dropped Together from our list but for some reason kept this old version available for internal download.

Apologies!

Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.