Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Contributor.. sreeNBN Contributor..
Contributor..

LeanFT Grid releases the lock on nodes after all tests are completed not when individual test ends

If I have 4 nodes and 5 tests to run , first 4 tests will run and the 5th test will fail with no node available error as 4 nodes are used to run the 4 tests and not releases after test is completed. 

Assuming that each node has only 1 concurrent run, as it opens tabs in same browser, cookies issues occurs and test fail, so assume only 1 concurrent run each node.

Similarly, I f I have only 1 node only first test will be successful and all 4 tests will fail because of no node available .

Similarly, if I have 3 tests and 3 nodes, then all tests will pass by running in all 3 nodes.

Is there any option when will be node lock releases or is their a specific code which I can use to release node after test is done. At the moment nodes are unlocked only after test suite is done not test case.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: LeanFT Grid releases the lock on nodes after all tests are completed not when individual test en

One option to release the node is to split the tests across multiple tests execution if you use Java SDK you can have 2 separates jars/projects first to execute 4 tests and the other 1 test.
The same scenario is applicable if you use .NET SDK.

If you have a custom framework you need to assure the 4 tests run between one SDK.init() and SDK.cleanup() and the other 1 test remaining runs between another SDK.init() and SDK.cleanup().

This is a workaround until we implement a method to release the lock.

Corneliu,

0 Likes
Contributor.. sreeNBN Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: LeanFT Grid releases the lock on nodes after all tests are completed not when individual test en

Thanks @Corneliu .

But as a example I gave 4 or 5 tests, but in reality it will be around 50 + at same time and I want all them to run in parallel, so not feasible to run that way.

Also if I stop the sdk , that will abruptly cancel the other tests which are in progress at the same time. So I don't think that concept of stoping and starting the SDK will help either ways.

Any idea, when team is planning to implement this feature of releasing the lock after every test rather every suite. Because my organisations uses lot of regression tests and all are based on leanft tool. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,.

Sreeram

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.