Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Object Identification Center WindowID

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm new here and would like some help. Sorry for my English because my language is Portuguese. Well I'm having trouble identifying objects on the desktop, he can't find the WindowsId and he doesn't click the button, just in the whole form and with that it's difficult to identify the element id or its name.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
An example, the calculator has buttons when clicking on the number 8 it does not identify, it only intents the entire form, as below

var calculadoraUiObject = Desktop.Describe<IWindow>(new WindowDescription {
Index = 0,
IsChildWindow = false,
IsOwnedWindow = false,
Text = @"Calculadora",
WindowClassRegExp = @"ApplicationFrameWindow",
WindowTitleRegExp = @"Calculadora"
})
.Describe<IUiObject>(new UiObjectDescription {
WindowClassRegExp = @"Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow"
});

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class
An example, the calculator has buttons when clicking on the number 8 it does not identify, it only intents the entire form, as below

var calculadoraUiObject = Desktop.Describe<IWindow>(new WindowDescription {
Index = 0,
IsChildWindow = false,
IsOwnedWindow = false,
Text = @"Calculadora",
WindowClassRegExp = @"ApplicationFrameWindow",
WindowTitleRegExp = @"Calculadora"
})
.Describe<IUiObject>(new UiObjectDescription {
WindowClassRegExp = @"Windows.UI.Core.CoreWindow"
});

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Your approach is correct. The problem is that the Win 10 calculator is made in UWP tech for which we don't have support with UFTdeveloper/LeanFT.

The old calculator has full tech coverage for automation.

LeanFT/UFTDeveloper has Web, Mobile, SAPUI5, WPF, WinForms, SAPGUI, Java, TE, PowerBuilder, Oracle tech support.

If you really need to automate the Win 10 calculator you can use UFT One that has UIA tech and can be used for UWP apps.

Regards,

Andrei

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Andrei,

Now I understood.

I didn't know that I was not being supported anymore.

Well I will use another application, thanks 😄

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.