Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

After upgrading from 11.52 to 11.53, Object Repository Manager keeps crashing

Jump to solution

I just upgraded UFT from 11.52 to 11.53 yesterday.  Today, each time I tried to open the Object Repository Manager, the system crashes.  Did I miss something from doing the upgrade?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: After upgrading from 11.52 to 11.53, Object Repository Manager keeps crashing

Jump to solution

Hello Molina4321,

We recommend always to have the updated version of UFT since each service pack include many fixes, then analyze the upgrade possibility and if yes check with new downloaded package, ensure UAC is disable and that installation will be perform with a full administrator rights user.

It should works properly for you. In case issue persists please open a support ticket from this site: HP Software Support Online in order to investigate something on your machine environment could cause it.

Let me know.

Regards.

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
15 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: After upgrading from 11.52 to 11.53, Object Repository Manager keeps crashing

Jump to solution

Hello Molina4321

What version of windows do you have?

Did you install service pack with a regular user or with an administrator user?

If you open Object Repository from Resources>Object repository it works or crash as well?

the crash occurs opening the OR manager or when you tries to open a .tsr file?

Regards

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi,

UFT is crashing both ways:  from Resources>Object Repository and Resources>Object Repository Manager.

My user credentials has Admin rights on my system.  Opening Object Repositories from QTP 10, 11, all earlier versions of UFT have worked properly.  This is the first time it is not working (after I upgraded to 11.53).

Thanks.

Gilbert

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Sorry, I forgot to mention that windows version is Windows 7 Ultimate.
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Disable User Account Control (UAC)

This is the method that should be used by most users wanting to disable UAC.

1-Go to User Account Control Settings.

2-Type in UAC, or go to the System and Security applet.

3-Click on the "Change User Account Control Settings" link.

BTW, you can also type in this command from the Run menu:

C:\Windows\System32\UserAccountControlSettings.exe

4-To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Note: To turn UAC back on, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click OK.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

5-You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.

Now Uninstall SP3 of UFT.

1-Go to control panel>Programs and features

2-Click on view installed updates.

3-Search for the entry  HP Unified Functional Testing 11.53 Service Pack for UFT. 

4-Right click it and select uninstall

After that open the Object repository Manager.

If it works then Download SP11.53 again from this link: UFT_SP1153

Install the new package of SP 11.53

1-Install the new downloaded SP3 with the full administrator right user and of course with UAC disabled.

With this process you can determine that SP3 you install is not damaged. 

Let me know the results.

HP support

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Just completed uninstalling 11.53. Will try tomorrow the new SP11.53 downloaded from the same link where I got the patch yesterday. For the meantime, is there a need for the UFTRRV_00038.exe or just forget about it when UFT_00044.exe is installed?
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Back on 11.52 and everything seems to be working properly. Will decide tomorrow whether it is worth upgrading to 11.53.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Molina4321,

We recommend always to have the updated version of UFT since each service pack include many fixes, then analyze the upgrade possibility and if yes check with new downloaded package, ensure UAC is disable and that installation will be perform with a full administrator rights user.

It should works properly for you. In case issue persists please open a support ticket from this site: HP Software Support Online in order to investigate something on your machine environment could cause it.

Let me know.

Regards.

HP support

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
You are right. Maybe something got corrupted from the first attempt of upgrading to 11.53. I downloaded UFT_00044.exe again and upgraded. Now I can open my Object Repositories again and in the new UFT 11.53.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Oops...Looks like I accepted the solution a little too early. The original issue "Unable to bring up Object Repository or Object Repository Manager" is back. Tried with different test script with different OR. Not much choice but to downgrade again to 11.52.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Back to 11.52 version and everything seems to work normally again. I guess I'll just wait for 11.54 or the next UFT upgrade. UFT is still using the old License Server with QTP 10/11 license keys since management has not given the signal to do complete switch from QTP to UFT yet. Hopefully, this has nothing to do with the OR not loading issue in 11.53.
0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution

For two days, 11.53 seems to be working fine then yesterday, the Object Repository Manager won't open again or none of the .tsr files would open and 11.53 had to be closed. When I replaced the OR with an updated one from offshore then try to open that new OR, the OR or Object Repository Manager won't open. So I went back to 11.52 which seems to be running more reliably for me.

The bad part is that once this issue is encountered, UFT 11.53 won't let me open any other ORs even if I exit UFT and even restart my computer. Something seems to be getting corrupted.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Gilbert,

Are you able to preproduce the same issue on different machines or is isolated to 1 machine?

Regards.

HP support

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hello vzamoraz,

Unfortunately, UFT is only installed on my machine. Long story why the boss does not give us the go-ahead signal to upgrade our QTP 10 to UFT 11.5x. When that day comes, I will definitely try and see if this issue with Object Repository not opening or crashing in 11.53.

Thanks.
Gilbert

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Just found out today that our company had taken out Admin rights to our PCs. (I did not know that.) Most likely, this is why I could not get 11.53 working properly since I no longer have the full Admin rights to my PC like before when I installed QTP 11 then UFT 11.50 to 11.52.
We'll have to call our IT HelpDesk to get UFT 11.53 get installed properly. They told me they will give us a temporary Admin account to use (for 1 day).
Sorry, for not finding this out sooner.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.