Absent Member.. swat-- Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Couldn't open object repository / Object Repository manager in UFT 11.53

Jump to solution

Hi,

I couldn’t open the object repository and Object Repository manager in UFT 11.53 from anywhere ( Not from the test, not from the tool bar). UFT is getting hanged and closed completely every time when trying to open object repository.

What could be the issue? I have attached the error screenshot for your reference.

I really appreciate for the response.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Couldn't open object repository / Object Repository manager in UFT 11.53

Jump to solution

The issue could be a corrupted file during installation.

Did you pefrom the reinstallation of UFT SP 11.53?

If no this are the steps you need to follow:

Uninstall SP3 of UFT.

1-Go to control panel>Programs and features

2-Click on view installed updates.

3-Search for the entry  HP Unified Functional Testing 11.53 Service Pack for UFT. 

4-Right click it and select uninstall

5-Download SP11.53 again from this link: UFT_SP1153

After that install the new downloaded SP3.

With this process you can determine that SP3 you install is not damaged. 

Let me know the results.

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

The issue could be a corrupted file during installation.

Did you pefrom the reinstallation of UFT SP 11.53?

If no this are the steps you need to follow:

Uninstall SP3 of UFT.

1-Go to control panel>Programs and features

2-Click on view installed updates.

3-Search for the entry  HP Unified Functional Testing 11.53 Service Pack for UFT. 

4-Right click it and select uninstall

5-Download SP11.53 again from this link: UFT_SP1153

After that install the new downloaded SP3.

With this process you can determine that SP3 you install is not damaged. 

Let me know the results.

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. SaranyaR Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am to facing the same issue. When I try to open Object repository UFT crashes immediately.

But it was working fine for sometime in UFT11.53 but suudenly this issue is hit again.

I have installed UFT11.50 and applied patches UFT_00044 and UFT_00058. 

I am using Windows7 32 bit system. I tried reinstalling UFT completely but still the issue persist.

Kindly request you to help me in this issue.

Thanks,

Saranya 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hello Saranya,

Ask the network admin to restart/recreate the user you have in order to ensure that user is not corrupted.

Install UFT and then only UFT_00044.

Check if issue disappears.

If yes then wait for my post where you can download and install UFT_00058, for now do not install it.

Regards.

HP support

0 Likes
Absent Member.. SaranyaR Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi ,

As specified above after reinstallation I am able to open the Object Repository but even before i did the same and it worked. But the isuue hits after few days. Could you please specify the reason why is it happening ?

Thanks,

Saranya

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Jump to solution
Hi SaranyaR,

I was hoping that you have already submitted a ticket for this issue so maybe it can get fixed on the next Service Pack or next version. If not, please do so cause I really think this is a legitimate bug.

I also encountered the issue you have described and had to go back to version 11.52 two or three times. As suggested, I asked our IT HelpDesk team to do the upgrade to 11.53 this time to make sure the account used for upgrading has Admin rights.
Then I got assigned different tasks away from working with UFT so I have not seen this issue again. I did not submit a ticket since I found out that Admin Rights on our PCs at work were taken away by our IT and Security Teams.

Thanks.
Gilbert
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.