Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Renan Gaspar Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Embedded Excel sheet in SAP GUI

Hi, does anyone have ever experience the scenario where you need to handle an embedded excel sheet in SAP Gui?

I tried different add-ins, UI Automation, GetObject(,"Excel.Application"), but nothing seems to be able to read and input data in the excel.

It's a transaction in SAP, where it calls excel and open a sheet. But this sheet is inside SAP Gui, so cannot access it as a regular worksheet.

I am using UFT 14.50.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Manuel Solano Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Embedded Excel sheet in SAP GUI

Hi Renan,

Hope you are doing great!

My name is Manuel Solano from MicroFocus UFT team!

Could you please let me know what is the exact error that you are receiving on UFT?

Also, please take a look at this link, it contains a lot of useful information.

Regards,

0 Likes
Renan Gaspar Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Embedded Excel sheet in SAP GUI

Hello Manuel,

Thank you for the link, but I am very familiar on how to use internal Datatable from UFT and also how to open and handle an external excel file by code.

The excel worksheet I am trying to access is inside SAP Gui. There is no error, the problem is how do I get to this worksheet. If I use SAP add-ins, I can only see a SAPGuiWindow. If I don't use SAP add-in, I can see a WinObject. If I use GetObject(,"Excel.Application"), it just shows there is an excel but no worksheet. So the point is how do read and input data in a excel worksheet which is embedded in the SAP Gui.

It's quite a challengue, which I guess UFT cannot handle it, so I will be surprised if someone come up with a solution.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.