coolShaily Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Environment variables _JAVA_OPTIONS and JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS is preventing java application to laun

Hi All,

I was facing same issue and got resolved after installing the QTP patch for Oracle support  🙂

Patch name: QTPORACLE_00010

Now I am able to open Oracle forms properly before and after opening QTP.

Thanks,

Priyank

0 Likes
RachnaBahl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Environment variables _JAVA_OPTIONS and JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS is preventing java application to laun

I had the UFT11.5 +Burp Tool installed on my machine. i was shocked to see after installation of UFT,Burp.jar file was not running.Then i reset all below value  set to blank means <space>.This is the Best Answer.This Really Works:

_JAVA_OPTIONS= <space>

JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS= <space>

IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS =<space>

0 Likes
RachnaBahl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you very-very much.This really helped me a lot:-)

0 Likes
mengistu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to launch Oracle EBS forms that uses JRE 1.7 after installing QTP 11.0.

I am working on Oracle EBS application that uses java application JRE 1.7 which does not launch after installing QTP 11.0. I am getting the below error when I try to open EBS forms.

Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal exception table range in class file oracle/forms/engine/Runform Loading HP QuickTest Professional Java Support (version 11.0.0.0) (SUN 1.6.0_20)

0 Likes
Manjuec Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi All,

thank you for the solution, after seting the environment variables to blank, i am able to open java application when UFT is opened.

but, with this i am not able to do object spy as its getting identified as just a "window" not as "java window".

can anyone suggest me the solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Lakshmikanth2
Visitor.

Hi,

Am facing this issue with 14.03. Also tried with 14.53 trial version. But none has helped.

is there some solution for this issue.

Also contacted MF support but no proper solution yet for this problem.

Regards,

Lakshmikanth

0 Likes
Lakshmikanth2
Visitor.

Out of 3 environment variables that is set up UFT - 

JAVA_OPTIONS,

IBM_JAVA_OPTIONS and

JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS

when checked only JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS is causing the issue. No value in this variable is invoking the application where as value -agentlib:jvmhook is not allowing the application to get invoked as well

Checked with both CMD promt invoking as well as manual invoking.

Also tried all the suggestions/comments related to this issue but unfortunately nothing helped.

Can someone provide a workable solution in this case

The application under test uses OpenJDK for Offsites - 1.8.0.212 version

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.