Highlighted
betocustom Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

How to recognize the chrome download bar?

I am automating a web in which when pressing a link I need to "detect" if the file is downloaded or not, but I have not been able to detect the download bar of chrome files.

i attach a picture
Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to recognize the chrome download bar?

hi, there

You can either enable UIA addon to give a try, spy the object in UIA mode. Or you may detect the downloading progress by the file existence you will have once the download is complete.

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

Hello,
I do not know that UIA addon you mention. Here we have all the add-ins licensed but I do not see it in the list, could you send me a screenshot of that UIA you refer to?
Thanks for your answer.

0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

Hi @JamesXue I researched and now I understand, that add-in appears in version 14.

I work with version 12.02 and I do not have the possibility to increase the version.
Any other idea of how to solve it is appreciated.

thank you!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

hi,

I am afraid 12.02 is too old to catch up with the new features. Maybe you can use lowlevel recording or insight recording to give it a try? 

Thanks.

James

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.