How to split Action on UFT11.5

Hello,

Now I am evaluating UFT11.5.
But I cannot find the function for split Action.
Anyone knows that?
Thank you.

0 Likes
5 Replies
pavanpy Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to split Action on UFT11.5

I think you can find action related options in Menu bar-> Design value.

In terms of splitting actions, I think you can call actions in different actions using the provided option in design menu.

Additionally you can drag and drop actions both GUI and API in Test Flow chart. This can be accessed from Menu bar -> View -> Test Flow option.

+pavan

0 Likes
InstructorSean Absent Member.
Absent Member.

pavanpy - thanks for the reply, however that doesn't really answer the question.

In QTP there were many cases where splitting an action was useful.  Usually one would record usage of the application from start to finish and then split into the multiple actions that they wanted to use.  This was convenient.

However the only hint we get now is that "Split Action - Not applicable to UFT" - but why?  We still have the same need as before.  Why was this option removed?

Other that copying an action then manually deleting from each side to do a split how else can we effectively split an action now?

0 Likes
csm2mk Absent Member.
Absent Member.

0 Likes
AnkurJain Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

They have removed features like Split Action and Save test with resources from 11.50 but yes, I am also interested to know the reason behind this remark mentioned in UFT 11.5 read me for Split Action feature This command is not relevant for UFT.

Note: Action Template feature which was removed from 11.50 is back in 11.52.

We have made the list of changes in UFT 11.5 , sometime back.

------------------------------------------------------------
Please make sure to "Kudos" on the left and mark the thread as resolved if this has answered your query.
------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
arquillos Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I used the "Call to copy of Action...", it´s not the same but it´s working in 11.5.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.