Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. IFS_NC Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

IE 11 Crashes using UFT 12.54

I'm using UFT 12.54 with IE 11 and when script starts and opens IE it immediately crashes and I'm forced to close the program. I have the UFT add on enabled, and IE is set as my default browser. I'm running Windows 10 on an Virtual Machine 8GB RAM - i7 processor - according to the UFT support matrix this combo is supported any one have any ideas?

Event Viewer Details:

Faulting application name: IEXPLORE.EXE, version: 11.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x57899082
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.14393.594, time stamp: 0x5850ccd7
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x008b73c8
Faulting process id: 0x132c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d270f4a09f0158
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Tags (2)
0 Likes
16 Replies
Honored Contributor.. rFish_911 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: IE 11 Crashes using UFT 12.54

Does the application under test throw a Windows Security dialog for login by chance?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Yes is does - it prompts for a Domain Login first before it prompts for Application Login. 

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

We are experiencing the same issue. I have an ongoing Case opened with HP and will post here if and when there is some resolution. In the interim, we have reverted some of our workstations back to Win7.

On a side note, if I open UFT, open IE, navigate to any site with scrollbars, the arrows in the vertical scrollbar do not work. I have to drag the slider to scroll.

Do you have that issue as well?

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Yes I can easily reproduce your scroll bar issue as well in IE, Chrome does not have that problem. I also noticed I do not even have to kick off scripts to crash IE. If I launch UFT, then try and open one of my applications by access the URL that requires Domain Login IE crashes right away. 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor..

Yes please post solution from your opened case into this post as soon as possible - thanks!!

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

Just a heads up- UFT14 exhibits the same issues. My case is still ongoing.

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

@IFS_NCYesterday I posted my issue in the customer support forum for expert's day. There were a few suggestions, but sophia_han proposed an interesting work around that resolved my browser crash assuming no other issues arise going forward. In a nutshell:

Open C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\mic.ini
Locate iexplore.exe=yes under the [ie_hook] heading
Change to iexplore=no
restart tool & browser & resume testing

She mentioned that, "please notice that disable ie_hook don't affect replay, but it will affect  record  Browser.OpenNewTab  , tab's close(however, if close browser through the right top's close icon, Browser.CloseAllTabs is ok). The web object inner the new tab can be reconized and record normally."

My team writes scripts within a framework and uses no record and playback functionality so this isn't a problem for us. But you'll have to evaluate your particular situation accordingly.

Thanks,
Ray

Bubbashamu Contributor.
Contributor.

Hello rFish_911,

Thanks for posting this workaround.

Did you ever get an official answer from HP to this topic. I have the same problem here. Workaround works, but just wondering if you have an official solution before I open a case myself. Thanks in advance

Bubbashamu

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

@Bubbashamu

The work around was the long term 'fix' for my case.

Good luck!

..Ray

0 Likes
Contributor.. LethuM Contributor..
Contributor..

Hi 

@rFish_911 Do you know what would be a work around for a desktop application?

Regards

LM

0 Likes
Honored Contributor..

@LethuM I do not know. I would suggest that you open a case and see what they can or will do for you.

Regards,
Ray

0 Likes
GOPI
New Member.

Hi,

I have installed UFT 14 version on Windows 10 and tried executing existing scripts [which are worked fine on  other

Windows 10 system] IE 11 crashes when executing the script.

I followed below changes but still IE  crashing issue persist. another related issue is when UFT addin enable IE will crash and when addin diable at least i can open the application through UFT Tool. Can help me here to move forward?

Open C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Unified Functional Testing\bin\mic.ini
Locate iexplore.exe=yes under the [ie_hook] heading
Change to iexplore=no
restart tool & browser & resume testing

0 Likes
Harish_qtp
New Member.

Following

0 Likes
Visitor.. JamParafina
Visitor..

We also experience this in our project and our support suggested us to disable Adobe PDF reader in IE. This works for us..Hope it can help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.