Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. AkimotoShun Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Inquiry on QTP Release Roadmap and query on the availability of QTP 11 whitepapers..

Hi guys,

My company owns ALM/QTP 11, I guess it was packaged under "Functional Testing" when my company bought it.

(which is Jan 2011)

Now, my mgmt team is trying to get the whitepaper for these products. 

Therefore I am tasked to search for these whitepapers.

However, I tried searching but can't find any in HP website.

Based on my finding, QTP was renamed as UFT, but as I read on, both are still version 11 which is very confusing.

(why do u rename a product in the same product lifecycle or this is a marketing product repackaging tactic, etc etc ??) 

Then when I dig deeper again, it seems like UFT 11 should consist of QTP 11 and ST 11 but I am not sure. 

(1) Does it mean that when my company bought this product, there is no ST yet ?

(2) Or, Does it mean that all the while ST is there, but my company didn't buy it?

In HP website, there is no more QTP instead only UFT, I can't find any whitepaper regarding QTP only.

Does it mean QTP only has obsolete ?

This is very confusing...

Besides, is there any QTP Release Roadmap that customer can refer?

(if not for future release, at least for the past release, stating when launch, when end-of-life, when repackage to launch as new product, etc) ... I think these information are important to customers...

Pls assist.thx.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.. lei_shi5 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Inquiry on QTP Release Roadmap and query on the availability of QTP 11 whitepapers..

Hi AkimotoShun,

There is the answers:

Q: Does it mean that when my company bought this product, there is no ST yet ?

Q: Does it mean that all the while ST is there, but my company didn't buy it?

A: UFT contains FT and ST. If your company bough UFT, then you would get both. If you company bought FT, then you would only have FT.

Q: Cannot download QTP whitepaper

A: For "whitepaper", do you mean QTP 11 manual? If yes, you can download it from the website below:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/manuals

BTW, here are some usful links:

QTP 11 User Guide:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM998694

QTP 11 Installation Guide:

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM998698

Kind regards,

Lei

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.