Gan-Orgil Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Managing UFT canvas

Hello guys

Is it possible to disable or hide actions in UFT ? Is there any new features for its canvas in UFT 14.03 ? I have a lot of actions in my test but want to run only few of that.

Now I 'm using ExitTest in action and moving up and down my actions  . But it's so annoying to work with so many actions. Please share me your best practices for managing canvas of UFT 🙂

Best Regards,

Gan-Orgil

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Managing UFT canvas

I don't put code in actions, all my code is in function libraries, all I do from the one action my test contains is call the relean subs and fuctions.

Very clean and easy to manage.

Why not split you scripts to make them more managable, you might also get performance improvements too.

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
Gan-Orgil Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Thank you Mark, I think your info can be valueable for me and i'll try it. 

In function, there is no datatable so Do you use global table for your all functions ??? 

Thank you 

Gan-Orgil 

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I use the global datatable, I also have a VBS library file where I store global variables that I need to pass beteween subs/functions, and Constants:

Const MaxWaitTime = 60

Mark Smith.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.