Highlighted
Absent Member.. SGE Absent Member..
Absent Member..

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-06413: Connection not open.

Hi Team,

When i am trying to connect to Oracl DB, the following error is being displayed, i have checked everywhere for the solution, but of no use, Please help

Error message - [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-06413: Connection not open.

Code written:

ConStr = "Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; " & _
"CONNECTSTRING=(DESCRIPTION=" & _
"(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)" & _
"(host=myapplication.test.com)(PORT=1522))" & _
"(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=myapp)));uid=myuserid;pwd=mypassword;"

Set conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set thisObjRS = CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")
conn.ConnectionString = ConStr
conn.Open

Versions used - UFT 11.53, Oracle SQL Developer 1.5.5

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-06413: Connection not open.

Hello

What is the result if you use a connection string like this:

ConStr =" Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle}; Server=" & server_name &"; UID="&userid&"; PWD="&userpassword&";"

Note: I am using variables for each parameter, you need to adapt that with your information,

Regards.

HP support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. SGE Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

The same error is being displayed - '[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-06413: Connection not open.'

Thanks

0 Likes
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Please try this:

1.     Uninstall your Oracle clients (all oracle drivers)

2.     Rebooted my machine

3.     Downloaded the 32-bit Oracle client install packages

4.     Installed 32-bit client [to C:\oracle\product\{version you download}\client_32]

5.     Rebooted again 

Regards.

HP support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.

Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.