Highlighted
Absent Member.. BenJJ Absent Member..
Absent Member..

.NET 4.5 Application Objects not being fully identified in UFT 12.01

I am using UFT 12.01, and I am trying to identify objects within a client-side .NET 4.5 application.

When I record or use the object spy, it sees a portion of the objects, but does not identify the objects completely.

For example: There is a button called "Employees" that can be selected and pressed to bring up the employees listing, but when I select it using UFT's Object Spy, it shows up with the following properties: (See attached screenshot)

If I Record and click the button, the corresponding line of code is:

SwfWindow("Application Window").SwfObject("ribbon").Click 264,88

What am I missing that is causing the object to not fully display?

Add-Ins: .NET, WPF, WEB

I did start the application AFTER UFT.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: .NET 4.5 Application Objects not being fully identified in UFT 12.01

You may want to include the ActiveX add-in also.
Then search info regarding "DevExpress" controls.
When you deal with those SwfTables, you should be able to see more objects by Recording Checkpoints.

Hope that helps.
Gilbert

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Ok, so enabling ActiveX add-in didnt help. I tried Googling DexExpress, and didnt come up with a whole lot. Mostly people complaining about errors.

Is there official support for DevExpress on UFT?

I did confirm with the 3rd party developer that they use DevExpress extensively.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Ok, so I did some more googling, and I discovered that DevExpress and UFT are not supported to work together.

Some people mentioned that people with this issue could try creating their own custom user defined functions for some of the controls.

Is that even a viable option, and if so, how difficult is this to do? Is this something feasible, or are we going to be crippled in our functionality?

0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

You should be able to find information on what DevExpress controls are supported in UFT 12.01 by looking at the UFT12.01_PAM.pdf (Product Availability Matrix).  One of the posts in this forum should give you the link that was given to me to get or download this file.

You can also find this PAM in the UFT 12.01 Help screens.  Same with some info on DevExpress.  Just do a Search for DevExpress.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.