Highlighted
b1g0af Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Object Spy won't go into identification mode

I installed UFT a couple days ago, and I've never been able to use Object Spy. Clicking the "pointing hand" button on the Object Spy dialog causes UFT to very quickly flash (sort of a quick minimize and restore). It's like it's trying to go into identification mode, but immediately bails out.

This happens on both the Object Spy and the .NET Windows Forms Spy dialogs.

Any ideas or help is appreciated!

-Matt

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Shanmugavel
New Member.

Re: Object Spy won't go into identification mode

Seems you are doing right. Once you clicked the hand symbol in Object Spy UFT will minimize and let the spy to do his job.

Then did you tried to use your mouse to point the object/control in UI you are trying to spy by clicking on the object in the UI. Then the spy will display the properties and methods of the UI object so that you can read and utilize to write your own code.

Otherwise just try recording option and optimize it.

Accept as solution/Give Kudos to the author if the piece of information answered/helped you to solve your problem.
All the thoughts here are mine not related to my employer nor anyone.
Test Automation Ecstasy
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.