QTP support tip: How to verify that the Siebel Test Automation module is installed
Note: This checklist does not guarantee that the Siebel Test Automation module has been properly install and configured, but it is a very good indicator. If all the items on the list have being verified, and are still experiencing problems, please contact Siebel technical support.
- Be sure of having installed the Siebel Test Automatio module package on the server, sold directly by Siebel (Oracle).
- Make sure of having enabled automation on the Siebel server. For detailed information, refer to the Testing Siebel eBusiness Applications Guide, provided with your Siebel installation. The following is provided "AS-IS" considering each version of the Siebel server can be different, therefore we strongly recommend reviewing the mentioned documenation instead of using only the below feedback:
Server Side Configuration:
- Add/Change the .CFG file for the Siebel server (have in mind there can be more than one application within, ergo multiple cfg files, so be sure of confirming with your Siebel administrator or support engineer to find the respective CFG file of the interface to automate). Add the following to the [SWE] section, for example:
EnableAutomation = TRUE
AllowAnonUsers = TRUE
AutoToken = <SecretWord>
- Restart the Siebel Server
- (optional) Add Automation Token
- Make sure the URL for the log-in page of the Siebel server includes the SWECmd=AutoOn token
If mentioned token isn't appended, the Siebel Web Engine (SWE) does not generate test automation information.
If the "Open the following application when a record or run session begins" option is selected in the Siebel tab of the "Record and Run Settings" dialog box, QuickTest Professional automatically appends the Siebel Test Automation information to the URL (you do not need to specify it manually in the URL).
Note: If user logs out of Siebel, a log-in page is displayed whose URL does not contain this tag. If log back in to Siebel server from such page, the Siebel Test Automation module will not be loaded.
For more information about the Record and Run Settings dialog box options, see the QuickTest Professional Siebel Add-in Guide for version 8.0 or "QuikTest Professional Add-ins Guide" for QuickTest Professional 9.5 or higher
- Verify that the HTML source of the log-in page of the Siebel server contains the RN='<xxx>', UN='<xxx>', and OT='<xxx>' tags.
Example: Your Siebel server log-in page may contain the following tags:
RN='_SweUserName' UN='_SweUserName' OT='SiebWebText'
To view the HTML source of the Siebel server log-in page in Internet Explorer, select View -> Source from the menu.
- Check that the list of running processes in the Windows Task Manager includes a process named SiebelAx_Test_Automation_XXX. This process will appear only after having logged into the Siebel application.
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, mark it as an accepted solution.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.