Highlighted
QA TEST Absent Member.
Absent Member.

QTP unable to identify objects inside frame.

Hi,
I am having a problem identifying objects within screen/page in a .jsf app. The Object Spy sees the entire window as one object when scriot is re-run, and does not see the dropdowns or text edit present in the web page. That object contains several dropdowns and text boxes which I cannot get QTP to see.

The QTP recognize the object present on the page while recording but when I re-run the script QTP fails to identify those object.
It consider whole tab/frame as a screen and it fails to identify the object present in it.

Moved from Quality Center Support and News Forum to Unified Functional Testing (formerly QTP) News and Support forum

0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: QTP unable to identify objects inside frame.

What is the exact error message you get when it fails to identify the objects?

Please always make sure that you start QTP first and then the browser. Otherwise QTP might not be able to recognize objects within the browser.
0 Likes
QA TEST Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The error message is like Cannot identify the object "ObjectName". Verify the object property.

Ya,i always open QTP first then the application.

QTP is unable to identify the object when its running it consider the whole frame as a page and it fail to identify the object present in that frame
0 Likes
Absent Member.. shiv_p Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Are these custom/third party controls.?

If it recognizes while recoring.....same should work....check if these objects loads any dynamic properties.?

Run in maintanance mode and changes in object identification properties.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Is the Frame recorded as part of the heirarchy, if not try a DP command including the Frame.

Mark Smith.
0 Likes
QA TEST Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi,
i re-runed the script in maintenance mode, even though the QTP is not able to recognize the object.
I got an error this error when run in maintenance "The object you selected is similar to the original object that failed in the step".

Please give any other suggestion
0 Likes
QA TEST Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi all,

the application under test is buid in .jsf platform do we need any additional addins for this.

Right now am using Web addin and java addin
0 Likes
Srinivas Chowdh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Try adding ASPAjax Add-in also.

Sometime simple restart of your system solve these type of issues. Like recognizing objects while recording and not while running.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. 4alms Absent Member..
Absent Member..

I have same problem when testing Siebel web from-end...

I have installed the Siebel plug in:  I still cannot see the objects in the frames.

I have installed the Active X plugin, the Java plugin, .NET, WPF, Web Services...

I still cannot get QTP to recognize buttons, tabs, edit boxes. etc. when they are in frames.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

@4alms

Given the age of the last response on this thread, you'll probably have better luck getting an answer if you repost your query in the forum specifically for QTP -
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Unified-Functional-Testing/bd-p/sws-Fun_TEST_SF
[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.