Highlighted
Rickson Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

UFT 14.53 is not able to identify Java Jide objects

Hi all, We are testing a Java Swing UI app using UFT 12.01, and recently we upgraded the Java Jide objects of our Java Swing UI app to a newer version, since then UFT 12.01 has stopped clicking on the Java Jide objects, but it rcogonizes them . We tried upgrading to version 14.02 and it works smoothly without the issue we faced in UFT version 12.01. Then we started using UFT 14.53 which is the latest version and we faced the same issue that we faced in UFT 12.01 that it has stopped clicking on the Java Jide objects, but it rcogonizes them. In all of the three versions we used the same JRE version 1.8.0.221 and all the same environment variables the only difference was the operating system WIndows 10 and some machines it was Windows 7,  No Difference. Has anyone faced this issue and in their project and how do we solve this problem. How do we find out why one version of UFT works and the other version of UFT doesn't work. So we are now evaluating which versions work and which versions of UFT works with our latest Jide upgrade and which ones do not work with the latest Jide upgrade. Can some one please help on how to solve this issue.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: UFT 14.53 is not able to identify Java Jide objects

Hello,

My name is Ramona and I am from UFT R&D team.

For analyzing this issue we need to collect some logs for both UFT versions (the working and non-working one). In order to do this and keep track of the issue, I suggest you to open a support case, so we can take care of it. 

Regards,

Ramona

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks a lot @ramonagrad for your response, Appreciate it very much. Will do . Is there any patch that we can try till then, to see if it works or not.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello,

UFT 14.53 is the last released version of UFT, but there is a patch for this you can try - UFT 14.53 Patch 1.

Regards,

Ramona

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks a lot @ramonagrad for your response.
From where do we download the latest patch since we are using a trial version of UFT 14.53. If you need anything from me please let me know.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.