Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
JerUtah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UFT & Concurrent License Manager

We're new to ALM and UFT.

Our instance of ALM is up and running, and we're now trying to "connect" UFT to it.

One of the items in the UFT installation instructions is a reference to a "Sentinel RMS License Manager" for concurrent UFT licenses.

I'm looking for some help on this. Here's our questions:

1. Where do we go to download this license management software?

2. Do we need to set up a separate Windows server for the license manager software?

3. Is there documentation somewhere, to give us the instructions for "connecting ALM / UFT" to the license manager?

4. I've search the web, but haven't found that there's a cost for Sentinel RMS License Manager, it that correct, or do we need to "download it and purchase a license to run it?"

You can tell we're navigating uncharted waters. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.. Trudy Claspill Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: UFT & Concurrent License Manager

What version of UFT are you using?

1. The license server software in on the UFT media. If you insert the media, on the main page you will see it as an option.

2. It is recommended that you have a system dedicated to the license management software. It is not supported to run it on the same server as ALM.

3. ALM does not connect to the license server. The Sentinel License Server is used to host concurrent user licenses for UFT version older than 12.5. v12.5 uses a different license management systems. The installation documents for UFT discuss configuring it to connect to the license server.

4. There is no cost for the software because it is packaged with the UFT software on the same media.

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
JerUtah Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: UFT & Concurrent License Manager

Thank you!

Our version of UFT is 12.0.

We're not directly responsible for the install (our IT department is), but the info you provided will be passed on to them.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.