charubanga Contributor.
Contributor.

You cannot use the current test. A Unified Functional Testing license is needed.

I am trying to establish connectivity between HPALM 12.2 and UFT 12.54 I have done the HP Connectivity in HPALM and ALM Connectivity in the UFT. While running the Test from Test Lab(ALM) I get the error 'You cannot use the current test. A Unified Functional Testing license is needed. ' My machine has UFT installed with license. Individually both ALM and UFT work fine. 

Thank you

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: You cannot use the current test. A Unified Functional Testing license is needed.

Concurrent licences get released after a period of inactivity.

Are you trying to run the test while UFT is open? Does it work ar rerun?

0 Likes
charubanga Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: You cannot use the current test. A Unified Functional Testing license is needed.

I have UFT concurrent license and I am able to run all my tests in it. I am trying to establish connectivity between UFT 12.54 and HPALM.  I am running (Run on Local) a driver script to launch UFT from ALM and UFT is closed. 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: You cannot use the current test. A Unified Functional Te

Have you tried to run teh same tests twice from ALM? Each time you get the license error?

You could aslo try to open uft manually after you get the error, close it and run teh tests again from ALM.

0 Likes
SanjeevAgarwal
New Member.

We are also facing same issue while trying to run UFT scripts via ALM. Tried running the scripts multiple times. Here are the different errors I got.

1) Unified Functional Testing error: Unable to open the business component in the testing tool.

Error from Unified Functional Testing: The communication object, System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel, cannot be used for communication because it is in the Faulted state

2) Unified Functional Testing error: You cannot use the current test. A Unified Functional Testing license is needed. 

Load the license and try again

3) Unified Functional Testing error: Unable to open the testing tool.

Error from Unified Functional Testing: There was an error reading from the pipe: The pipe has been ended. (109, 0x6d)

I also tried to run script from ALM after keeping UFT open, still didn't work.

Note: For only one of our team member, it worked only when UFT was kept open.

Any help in resolving this issue will be highly appreciated.

0 Likes
SanjeevAgarwal
New Member.

UFT version 12.53, ALM version12.5. Also we use cross link to connect to ALM and UFT
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.