<(UFT) Support tip> UFT 12.02 Patch 4 General Notes and Limitations
1. After you install this patch on a localized version of UFT, some of the messages and UI elements may be displayed in English.
2. The Functional Testing Extension for Firefox is supported from Firefox versions 33 and higher. If you need
to test versions of Firefox earlier than 33, you need to enable UFT support for these Firefox versions.
To test your Web application in Mozilla Firefox version 33 and later, you must enable the Functional Testing
Extension in one of the following ways:
- If the Select Your Add-ons screen is displayed when you open Firefox, select to enable the Functional Testing Extension.
-If the Install Add-on tab opens and displays Functional Testing Extension when opening Firefox, select the Allow this
installation check box and click Continue.
a.In Firefox, open the browser menu.
b.In the menu, click Add-ons.
c.In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions node.
d.In the Functional Testing Extension row, click the Enable button.
To test your Web application in Mozilla Firefox versions earlier than 33, you must enable the legacy Firefox agent:
1.In Firefox, open the browser menu.
2.In the menu, click Add-ons.
3.In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions node.
4.Open the <UFT installation folder>\bin\Mozilla folder.
5.From the Firefox folder, drag the AgentLegacy.xpi file into Firefox.
6.In the Functional Testing Extension row, disable the Functional Testing 12.50 extension and enable the extension you added to Firefox.
Note: Only one version of the Unified Functional Testing Extension can be enabled in Firefox at a time.
3. If you are using existing web 2.0 toolkits: ASPAjax, Dojo, GWT, jQueryUI, YahooUI,
SiebelOpenUI, you need to run Web2AddinSetup to get the latest code in order to work with Firefox new agent
Patch Description and Technical Details
The patch is an accumulative patch. It provides the following:
- New supported versions for the following:
- Support for Chrome, version 46, 47 (Beta)
- Support for Firefox, version 41, 42 (Beta)
Notes and Limitations
This patch comes with the following limitations:
**For Mobile Center Integration**
The 'abs_x', 'abs_y', 'width', and 'height' identification properties are no longer supported.
Instead, UFT uses the new 'left', 'top', 'right', and 'bottom' identification properties to specify
the coordinates of an object relative to the top-left corner of the devices screen.
Therefore, if an existing test step uses the 'abs_x', 'abs_y', 'width', and/or 'height'
identification properties, that step may fail.
Make sure to update any test steps that use these obsolete identification properties.
The following describes the relationship between the obsolete and new property values.
abs_x = left
abs_y = top
width = right minus left
height = bottom minus top
**UFT with Firefox browsers**
1) The following test objects, methods, and other Web-specific functionalities are not supported:
* The Firefox Start Page
* //about pages
* Modal or modaless dialog boxes
* Java applets
* Browser.Stop method
2) The following methods are not supported for recording:
3) The Active screen is not supported.
4) Steps performed on browser dialog boxes (such as Alert, Confirmation, or Prompt) are not recorded
when these dialgo boxes are opened from a new browser tab.
** UFT with Chrome browsers**
1) If you have Chrome developers tools open, UFT cannot spy on Web objects.
2) If you have a Chrome alert or warning dialog open, UFT cannot record or run tests/components on Chrome.
To record or run the tests, close this alert or warning dialog.
3) The Page/Frame options in the Page/Frame Options pane of the Options dialog box
(Tools > Options > GUI Testing tab > Web > Page/Frame Options) are not supported for recording.
4) iFrame and Frameset objects are not suppoted.
5) Using the Object Spy on Alert/Confirm dialogs causes unexpected behavior.
If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.