Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. vzamoraz Absent Member..
Absent Member..

<(UFT) support tip>: UFT GUI tutorial for Web Application

There is many people looking for a GUI tutorial of Unified Functional Testing (UFT)

There is a  PDF document with a GUI tutorial for Web applications available and it can be accessed from the link below:

GUI Tutorial for Web application

HP support

If you find this useful, mark Kudos.
Note: The Opinions expressed in my post are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer. No warranties express or implied for any answered posted.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: <(UFT) support tip>: UFT GUI tutorial for Web Application

Oh, so it is the same MercuryTours application. Suggestion: (if HP wants to sell more of its test tools) Include one or two custom objects/controls in the MercuryTours application then show in the Tutorial how to handle these custom objects in UFT in one or more ways. Where people gets frustrated with test tools is when they go through Training Classes and/or follow Tutorials and everything works as expected since all the controls/objects covered are well recognized by the test tool. Then they try to apply their knowledge to the actual applications at work, encounter some custom objects/controls and boom --- they get stuck. They don't know how to handle custom controls and they go back to Manual Testing. --- just my opinion --- (although I heard this a few times from others) Thanks. Gilbert
0 Likes
AndresBV Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Gilbet,

I hope you have a nice day!

Thanks for your feedback we really appreciate it.

Also remember HP can provide the accurate training for the customers if required/requested, this due this will be part of the required knowledge the customer should apply in the real scenarios.

Best Regards,

Andrés J. Brenes
HP Software Support.
[If this information solves or helps solve your issue, mark the correct one with "Accept as solution" or as "helpful"]

[Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.
No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.]
0 Likes
Honored Contributor.. Molina4321 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Hi Andre, Yes, we know about the Training courses and that's why I am making my suggestions. The Training only covers objects/controls that are recognized by QTP/UFT and thus, it does not help the users new to the test tools when s/he gets assigned to applications full of custom objects/controls that they don't know how to handle. If test tool training covers this area more, I'm sure you'll see more happier customers. Somehow many developers keep throwing in custom controls in their applications unaware of the issues that they can cause for test automation. Thanks. Gilbert
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.