Valued Contributor.. CymruAmByth Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

"Unspecified error" experienced in UFT with ActivateCell after ALM upgrade to 12.55 (Patch 2)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am experiencing the "Unspecified error" in UFT with ActivateCell method after a recent ALM upgrade to version 12.55 (Patch 2).

I am experiencing this issue on separate pc's with different versions of UFT: 12.53 build 2027 and 14.02 build 3792 .

The code below for ActivateCell was working fine prior to ALM Upgrade.

SAPGuiSession("Session").SAPGuiWindow("ES32 Display Rate Data").SAPGuiTable("Device data").ActivateCell 1,"Device"

When the line of code is executed the activation of the cell works and SAP screen changes as expected, however UFT continuously returns the "unspecified error" message shown below.

Error.PNG

The object repository recognises the window and the target table. I have attached the last run results from UFT.

In an attempt to fix the issue by reading the other forum posts I have peformed a repair on UFT & .NET Framework from Control Panel > Programs and Features.

I also ran HPE Software > HPE UFT > Tools > Additional Installation Requirements but the issue still remains.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rhys

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Valued Contributor..

Re: "Unspecified error" experienced in UFT with ActivateCell after ALM upgrade to 12.55 (P

Jump to solution

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

This actually got fixed by Microfocus providing a replacement SAPGuiPackage.dll file which had to be installed locally.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Mandy Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Re: "Unspecified error" experienced in UFT with ActivateCell after ALM upgrade to 12.55 (P

Jump to solution

Hi  Rhys,

May I know from which ALM version did you upgrade from? 

And I wonder if the test can run pass if you save the test and function library to local disk.

One assumption is that the ActivateCell operation is pending for some SAP Server Request to finish, and I am not sure if adding wait before or after the step would help.

If no, I would suggest contacting Support for a close look at your case.

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hi Mandy,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We upgraded from 12.50 patch 1 to 12.55 patch 2.

I will set up the test locally to see what happens and let you know.

I have already sent off a request to get a support call raised with MicroFocus.

Interestingly, when you record the steps in UFT; it performs a SelectCell and then SendKey F2 to perform the action which does not return the error message when you run it.

Thanks

Rhys

0 Likes
Mandy Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Rhys,

As far as I know,  method ActivateCell has no change in these releases.

I don't know if there is any unexpected modification to your test script or function library during ALM upgrade.

About the SelectCell, I guess you can use it as a workaround if you would like.

Thanks,

Mandy

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Update:

Created a test locally and the issue happens outside of ALM as well.

Microfocus software engineer held a webex session this morning to view the issue and gather logs.

He has recommended a clean uninstall/install of UFT and .NET to see if that resovles the issue.

0 Likes
Thinakar Angappan Contributor.
Contributor.

Jump to solution

Download the script asset from ALM and run it locally, remove the existing asset from ALM, and reload it freshly.

If the script is able to run locally, it should run from ALM.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Jump to solution

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

This actually got fixed by Microfocus providing a replacement SAPGuiPackage.dll file which had to be installed locally.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.