Support iOS NSKeyedArchiver Apps - MC does not work at all with them

Idea ID 2690322

Support iOS NSKeyedArchiver Apps - MC does not work at all with them

0 Votes

At the moment, MC doesn't support *ANY* iOS apps that leverage NSKeyedArchiver which severely limits MC's usefulness.

Get this support in MC and UFT Local device testing ASAP!

8 Comments
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @JohnQC, it is supported in Mobile Center but not supported in the UFT Mobile Add-in for local device currently.

We plan to support it in the next release of the add-in, and also to provide a patch for the current release most probably. I will update here once I have a confirmation regarding the patch.

Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Great, thank you!  We have at least 3 internal applications trying to use this and none of them can test on iOS at this point.  Next release would be... 3 months roughly?  I saw the mobile add-in was last updated Aug 1st...

Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi John,

By definition UFT Mobile Add-In has smaller set of capabilities than Mobile Center - this is freemium offering that gives you a good starting point. However, to get full set of functionalities, you need to scale to Mobile Center. MC is available with 45 days trial. Have you tried to implement the missing functionality using MC instead of UFT Mobile Add-In? 

Super Contributor..
Hi - Yes we POC’d MC for nearly 2 years from v1 through late versions of v2. The six figure price tag was simply too much and was 100% required to do ANY mobile testing with UFT at that time which left us seeking alternatives for mobile testing.

The new Local device testing is a great addition (one I requested numerous times while MC was in infancy) and are excited to leverage but in its current state we can’t test ANY of our iOS apps b/c of this oversight.

So even new users can’t try the product on iOS until this is fixed - the only choice is MC.

I know R&d is addressing currently but it’s a total rough start with local device testing right now that very few users know it exists and much less can implement at this time.

MF should plan on better synchronicity between Local device testing and MC in the future now that it’s officially supported and included in UFT licensing.
Status changed to: Delivered

Now supported when using UFT 14.53 Patch 1 together with UFT Mobile Add-in for local device 3.1 Patch 4.

Super Contributor..

Hi YaronA - Thanks, very exciting!  Quick question - is there a patch for Local Device v3.2?  I don't see a patch for that yet.

Or do we have to uninstall the latest v3.2 Local Device version, install 3.1 and then install patch?  A little confused here.

Hi John, you have several options:

1. Install 3.1 and the patch as you mentioned.

2. Wait for 3.2 Patch 1 (currently planned to be released by the end of October).

3. Wait for the next release (currently planned to be released by the end of November).

Super Contributor..

Hi YaronA--

Edit - I had made a mistake earlier!

I've installed the older Local Device v3.1 MC agent and then ran Patch 4 over it.  I'm now able to add our iOS apps to UFT (local device)!  Very much appreciate everyone's hard work on this!! 🙂

Thanks,

John

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.