Highlighted
Established Member.. Anil Nandam
Established Member..

HPE Mobile Center Integration with Android Emulator

I installed HPE Mobile Center server running on port 8082 and a free port 8083 is also allocated for Mobile Center Internal use.

I was able to run the Android Emulator and see the device on the Mobile Center page.

When I run the device on the Mobile center it throws the following error.  Please help?

"The attempt to connect remotely to mobile device through connector <MobileCenterServerName> has failed."

The port 8083 is being used by a service called nginx.exe. Not sure but killing that service did not help. Please see the snapshots.

I have the Mobile Center Server, Android Studio installed on the same laptop. But the error says 8083 of the connector machine

"The attempt to connect remotely to mobile device through connector LPTSEG.test.wdiq.com has failed. Make sure that port 8083 of the connector machine is open for incoming traffic."

Thanks,
Anil Nandam.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: HPE Mobile Center Integration with Android Emulator

Hi,

The nginx.exe is reverse proxy used by MC Connector. So, if you kill it, you need to restart the connector to bring it back.

The problem that you are describing is related to some software on your machine that blocks WebSocet communicaiton between the client (browser) and MC Connector - Antivirus, Windows firewall, etc.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.