leomiro Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

HPMC IOS Agent not working on IOS 9.3.1/9.3.2

Upgrading IOS Version to 9.3 and HPE Mobile Center to version 1.52 P1 I had to re-sign the agents for Iphone..

I used the HPMC Enabler 1.52 P1 and a wildcard provisioning profile and signed the two IPA agents. I used the interface Enabler and didn't receive any warning from the process. Finally I put the signed agents on /opt/hpmc/agent and restart the HPMC server.

After I connect an Iphone the agents install itself and appear on the Iphone screen but it seems that they're not able to start. Only shows the introductory screen (HPMC IOS screen - HP logo) and then back to the desktop.

The Iphone appears in the Devices screen of HPMC url but with status "not available". I checked that the Iphone UDID appears on my S.O. running the command idevice_id –l and I can see the UDID, it seems that the phone is ok.

I attach two log files extracted from the phones I've tested (one for an Iphone with IOS 9.3.1 and the other for IOS 9.3.2) and a screen with the agent that appears only if I tap the agent's icon.

I hope you can help me to find a way to make it work.

Let me know

Details:

- Red Hat Enterprise 6.5

- Mobile Center 1.52 + Patch 1

- Iphone 5-5s / IOS 9.3.2-9.3.1

0 Likes
7 Replies
ErezF Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HPMC IOS Agent not working on IOS 9.3.1/9.3.2

It seems that you did not install the 9.3 support for MC 1.52 patch 1.

Please download it from : https://hpln.hpe.com/product/mobilecenter/resources/file-repository

- Erez.

Valued Contributor.

ErezF: Thanks for your reply. In fact i did install the 9.3 support directory (see 9.3 folder.png) following the instructions in http://mobilecenter.hpe.com/docs/en/1.52/Content/iOS_9.3%20support.htm, even with the chown instruction (I double checked).

I connect the Iphone and the agents install themselves in the Iphone but are not able to start. I attach the logs of both agents and what I see on the screen when I tap their icons.

I also checked that The SO take acknoledge of the Iphone (see ack Iphone.png), the Iphone appears in Mobile Center with status  "not available".

I am missing something? please, let me know. Otherwise I'll have to open a case in HPE.

Regards

Details:

- Red Hat Enterprise 6.5

- Mobile Center 1.52 + Patch 1 - iOS 9.3 support enabled

- Iphone 5-5s / IOS 9.3.2-9.3.1

0 Likes
ErezF Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I suggest that after you have done this change, delete the agent and the agent launcher apps from your iphone manually and physically reconnect them to MC server.

In case you still get the same behavoiur, please attached the new connector.log.

Anyhow I suggest that you will open a supprot case with HPE to track this issue.

- Erez.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

ErezF: thanks for your reply.

I've opened a case with HPE, and we are watching the behaviour of HPMC and the IOS devices.

In the meanwhile I attach the connector.log in case anyone here coud be of assistance:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i27a1ccr2x42qv/connector.log?dl=0

If you see something, let me know.

Regards

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

From the log - it looks like the Agent/Launcher that you are using are incorrect.

Please download the latest versions of the Agent and Launcher, resign them using your Apple artifacts, replace originals on the MC Server / MC Connector Agent folder and restart server/connector.

MC Agents: https://hpln.hpe.com/product/mobilecenter/resources/file-repository 

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

evgenyk: thanks for your reply.

I did the signing of the agents the way you explain it: using the agents that come with the HPMCEnabler package related to the HPMC version I'm using (1.52 SP1). Maybe wanted to use a wildcard profile instead of a provisioning profile for every .ipa could be an issue, but the HPMC Enabler stated that the signing of the agents showed no errors.

I was thinking that the main problem could be the signing process (as I mentioned before, the provisioning profile) but the device log nor the hpmc log is clear about this..

I'll give it one more try and I'll keep you informed.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Hi: I have an update of this case.

- I succeeded in signing the Iphone agents. The problem was the wildcard id in the provision profile. I tried the signing with two provision profiles, one for every agent, I use the interface of HPMC Enabler and when I obtain the signed ipas I replace the old agents with the signed ones. The Iphones finally accepted the agents and appeared in Mobile Center with status "Available".

- with the IOS apps I have some issues. Despite the fact that I signed them with the interface, I obtained an "Error 2805" every time I tried the upload in MC. I solve this using the command line tool of HPMC Enabler to sign the client apps. Doing that I was able to upload the client's IOS application and upload them in Mobile Center. I tested the automation with UFT and had no problem so far.

I hope this experience could help another members of the community.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.